Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency services, to the surrounding community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our community.
POSITION SUMMARY: :
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways, clinics, surgery rooms, and other assigned buildings/areas of the hospital. Cleans apartments and clinics off hospital premises.
* Prefer high school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
* Possess the ability to understand the English language.
* Prefer valid California Driver’s License.
* Experience in a housekeeper/cleaner capacity preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides an environment that demonstrates competence, caring, and commitment to external and internal customer satisfaction.
* Immediately greets/acknowledges guests’ presence in a courteous and caring manner.
* Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and deal with immediate guest needs first, and paperwork processing second.
* Demonstrates appropriate customer relations communications skills, actively listening, maintaining eye contact, using guest names, anticipating customer needs, and proactively offering assistance.
* Demonstrates good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all hospital staff.
* Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with staff.
* Answers the telephone professionally, identifying self and department.
* Handles telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy, and respect for confidentiality.
* Returns telephone voice mail and messages appropriately.
* Maintains the confidentiality of patient and facility records and information.
* Does not abuse or take advantage of sick time or personal days off. Provides proper notification for absence or tardiness.
* Makes best use of time during assigned shift. Coordinates activities to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift. Attends to personal affairs on own time to avoid disrupting the work schedule.
* Performs duties in an independent manner with minimum supervision.
* Adjusts personal schedule to complete workload when requested.
* Reports to work as scheduled; is consistently ready to work at start of the assigned shift. Reports off duty as scheduled; does not abuse overtime policy.
* Completes time sheet accurately and on a daily basis.
* Utilizes company supplies efficiently.
* Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
* Observes the Hospital/department dress code and wears ID badge.
* Attends all required education/inservice meetings.
* Complies with hospital safety and disaster policy and procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to hospital and departmental safety regulations, disaster plans, infection control policies, and fire safety regulations, hazardous materials protocol.
* Demonstrates a working knowledge and understanding of National Patient Safety goals and follows CMC’s patient safety policies and procedures while providing patient care.
* Always utilizes Standard Precautions for infection control.
* Identifies and reports unsafe practice and/or procedures as related to patient care.
* Identifies and reports unsafe conditions noted hospital wide that could contribute to potential falls or injuries by staff, patients, or visitors.
* Responds to and uses disaster codes appropriately.
* Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care and/or services appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.