Currently hiring for fulltime daytime "floater" position (10am to 6pm). Must be willing to work alternating weekends. Cedar Mountain House is located 8 miles outside of Brevard, NC. Must have reliable transportation and be a team player. Wonderful place to work, great team and exceptional residents.
Join our Affinity family! We VALUE our employees! We offer a fun, friendly, and relaxed work environment! Join a company who utilizes innovative and advanced technology! Innovative clinical software in place! Say goodbye to paper charts and HELLO to MatrixCare! Come join our growing team! We offer competitive benefits with company paid life insurance, free telemedicine and employee appreciation programs. We offer opportunities for growth!:
Nature and scope:
Provides services and care for residents and patients.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
* Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Certification course and in good standing with Registry.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
* Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents’ Bill of Rights and be willing to assist residents in exercising their rights.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly and understand that for each resident the facility is considered the Resident’s home.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, ethical, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
* Must practice and promote Affinity Guidelines, Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, values and goals.
* Maintain practice certification and required hours of Alzheimer’s and related dementia-specific training per year.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Must meet all health requirements.
8 Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Provides personal care and services such as:
* Assisting with activities of daily living (turning and positioning, toileting, bathing and grooming, feeding, and mobility)
* Obtains and records vital signs and weight as assigned.
* Accurately documents all care as required by company policy and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Provides non-resident services such as, but not limited to, washing wheelchairs and cleaning resident / patient areas in compliance with infection control procedures.
* Contributes to the resident assessment and care plan.
* Makes routine rounds on each assigned resident and patient in accordance with established procedures.
* Promptly communicates any significant changes in behavior or condition to supervisor.
* Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
Safety and Sanitation:
* Monitor all exit doors, the call and alarm systems to assure prompt response.
* Understand fire watch and need to check exit doors during and after as directed to assure full closure and lock.
* Maintain the confidentiality at all times of all mag-lock code systems to assure safety of the residents.
* Promptly answer facility and common residents’ telephone in a professional manner and per Affinity policy in order to meet the needs of the caller and communicate information.
* Understand and follow safety and infection control policies and procedures and readily report any breach of the safety and infection control procedures to the Supervisor In Charge.
* Respond to emergency call signals promptly.
* Report incidents to the Supervisor in Charge promptly and complete appropriate paperwork as required in a professional manner.
* Readily and directly report any verbal or physical abuse of a resident, inappropriate use of resident or facility property or lack of or inappropriate care of a resident to the Supervisor in Charge, RCM or Executive Director if necessary.
* Collect, laundry, and distribute linens, garments, etc. in accordance and as permitted by State regulations and with Affinity procedures.
* Help to properly maintain all equipment and ensure work areas are clean and safe.
* Promptly notify the Supervisor in Charge of items that need repair or present a safety risk to residents, employees or visitors.
* Assist in cleaning resident rooms, dining areas, public areas as indicated by regulations.
* Notify housekeeping of spills, soiled areas and assist with clean up as per State Regulations as needed. Assure marker is placed at spill areas until area is cleaned.
* Successfully complete Licensed Health Professional Skills Check Off and other required State or Affinity trainings.
* Attend all required stand-up meetings and in-service trainings.
* Participate and promote and encourage resident’s involvement in activities.
* Follow and communicate company values, goals and policies and procedures.
* The job description provides a framework for the job; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
* Assists with cost control by using facility supplies efficiently and in a waste free manner.
* Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent service to residents, and all community visitors.
* Perform job duties for residents and with team members in a courteous and professional manner.
* Take initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority.
* Meet and greet visitors in a friendly, helpful manner (Visitors include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current residents’ families and friends, prospective residents and their families, referral sources, vendors and regulators).
* Answer phones appropriately, according to company and Community standards.
* Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
* Successfully complete Licensed Health Professional Support skills check off and other required State or Affinity training.
* Attend training and stand up meetings as directed by supervisor.
Working conditions (travel, hours, environment):
* Scheduled hours; possible overtime. May work in other positions temporarily when necessary.
* Is involved with resident, personnel, and visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
* Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., through the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
* May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
* Medium work: ability to exert 10-35 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents and staff.
* Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within the community.
OSHA category classification II::
Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogen.