Under new leadership! Come meet our new Executive Director!:
Join our Affinity family! We VALUE our employees! We offer a fun, friendly, and relaxed work environment! Join a company who utilizes innovative and advanced technology! Innovative clinical software in place! Say goodbye to paper charts and HELLO to MatrixCare! Come join our growing team! We offer competitive benefits with company paid life insurance, free telemedicine and employee appreciation programs.:
Nature and scope:
Provide medication assistance for residents in accordance with state regulations and company policy including: pouring, preparing, assisting with administration and documentation as defined through Affinity Living policy and training.
Minimum eligibility requirements
* Minimum of one-year previous experience as a caregiver/resident assistant caring for the elderly in an assisted living or long term care setting.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Successfully complete training as required by Affinity in accordance with State regulations.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Must possess all required licenses and/or certifications if required by State licensing authority.
* Must have the ability to remain calm under stressful situations.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and general public.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others and local, state and federal laws.
* Must practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Provide medication assistance for residents in accordance with state regulations and Company policy including: pouring, preparing, assisting with administration, and documentation. Observe residents for changes of condition, communicate observations to the charge nurse or Resident Care Manager.
* Assist in maintaining the medication cart and storage room in a neat and orderly manner.
* Accept responsibility for accurate medication counts and for security of the medication cart and medication storage room for assigned shifts.
* May be called upon to assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility as needed.
* Engage residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing personal care and medication assistance.
* Respond to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly and provide or obtain assistance as necessary.
* Observe residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, medication side effects, accidents, injuries or unusual occurrence and reports immediately to supervisor.
* Complete all documentation such as medication administration records, incident reports, change of condition reports, and behavior documentation as requested and in a timely manner.
* Assist in the dining room during resident meal times as needed.
Joint decisions and duties between Medication Technician and Licensed Nurses/Resident Care Manager::
* Seek guidance as needed from licensed nurse and/or Resident Care Manager.
* Assist with cost control by utilizing resources efficiently and in a waste free manner.
* Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Perform job duties for residents and with team members in a courteous and professional manner.
* Take initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority.
* Meet and greet visitors in a friendly, helpful manner (Visitors include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current residents’ families and friends, prospective residents and their families, referral sources, vendors and regulators).
* Answer phones appropriately, according to company and community standards.
* Communicate professionally and cooperate with supervisor and all community personnel.
* Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
* Attend training sessions as directed by supervisor.
* Follow and communicate company policies and procedures.
* The job description provides a framework for the job; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Working conditions (travel, hours, environment):
* Scheduled hours; possible overtime. May work in other positions temporarily when necessary.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Is involved with resident, personnel, and visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
* Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors and staff.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
* Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., through the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
* May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
* Medium work: ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents and staff.
* Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within the Community.
OSHA category classification:
II: Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogen.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.