Join our Affinity family! We VALUE our employees! We offer a fun, friendly, and relaxed work environment! Join a company who utilizes innovative and advanced technology! Innovative clinical software in place! Say goodbye to paper charts and HELLO to MatrixCare! Come join our growing team! We offer competitive benefits with company paid life insurance, free telemedicine, employee appreciation programs, and free continuing education through our Affinity Academy.:
Nature and scope::
The Resident Care Manager is responsible for oversight of all personal care services and medication delivery services to residents on a day-to-day basis as required by the state regulations and Affinity policies.
The Resident Care Manager assists in maintaining an environment that will be homelike, safe and supportive of the resident.
The Resident Care Manager assures the training and supervision of care staff in accordance with the residents’ needs, state regulations, and Affinity policies and procedures.
This job description applies to Resident Care Managers for Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
* Must be 21 years of age
* Must meet the same training and competency requirements of those being supervised.
* Requires competency validation by a Registered Nurse (RN) and comply with nursing law and rules to include availability of RN supervision for any assigned nursing tasks.
* Assigned routine nursing tasks will require written procedures and validation by RN.
* Ability to obtain all required continuing education as required by the company, law, licensing agencies and Board of Nursing.
* Must have at least one year of experience supervising the performance of duties to be supervised
* Experience of 3 – 5 years or more in the care of senior adults and adults with cognitive decline is preferred.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and State officials and general public.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly with the understanding that for each resident the facility is considered the Resident’s home.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, ethical, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
* Must Practice and promote Affinity Guidelines, Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Values and goals.
* Maintain practice certification and at least 12 continuing educational hours as required by NC certification agencies for Medication Aides to also include required hours of dementia specific yearly training.
* Must have exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize daily tasks in order to accommodate fluctuating needs of the resident and community.
* Must have strong documentation skills.
* Must have experience in training and staff development.
* Must have the ability to develop systems for monitoring resident health conditions and for ensuring efficient and safe delivery of resident care.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must have valid driver’s license.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ensure sound infection control practices are in place that promote a healthy environment and ensure all required infection control training is met.
* Be able to ensure that staff can apply the home’s accident, fire safety, disaster, elopement and emergency procedures for protection of the staff and residents.
* Maintain responsibility for development, implementation, modification and communication of all resident assessments and care plans.
* Participate in resident and family care conferences.
* Serve as liaison between resident, family, physician and other health care providers regarding health care issues.
* Ensure that changes in resident conditions are evaluated, reported, monitored, and documented with follow up to assure interventions are implemented and documented.
* Perform care procedures within the scope of practice as allowed by state law and in compliance with Affinity Senior Living policy.
* Provide oversight of the medication management systems and ensure that Medications Aides are competently trained and that medications are available, dispensed in a safe and effective manner, that the Medication Administration Records (MARs) are accurate and complete and that all medications are current, properly stored and properly disposed of when discontinued.
* Maintain an accurate and sufficient inventory of all care supplies including all infection control supplies plus incontinent supplies, and follow established purchasing protocols.
* Must participate as a team member of the facility’s Quality Assurance Committee and assure the requirements of the Community’s QA Program are accurately completed each quarter.
* Audit resident records on a regular basis and ensure that documentation indicates compliance with State Regulatory care requirements. Assure records accurately address the care issues, including identified concerns, interventions and outcomes of all residents. In addition, ensure when required, the health care needs are contracted to the appropriate agencies per doctor’s orders.
* Ensure that resident care is provided in a safe and effective manner while consistently maintaining resident dignity, choice, privacy and respect.
* Maintain a current knowledge of OSHA and state regulations and routinely monitor community compliance with regulations related to resident care.
* Assure the completion of staff schedules with ongoing monitoring of schedules to assure staffing requirements are met.
* Recruiting and hiring of qualified care staff employees.
* Serves as a member of the community’s leadership team and may act as the Executive Director in Charge in his or her absence.
* Coordinates and oversees the ordering of resident specific and departmental health related supplies.
* Operate department(s) within established budgetary guidelines.
* Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Joint decisions and duties between Resident Care Manager and Executive Director.:
* Completion of resident assessments and development of customized care plans.
* Compliance with all appropriate regulations.
* Responsible for supervising, assigning significant overall duties and tasks and responsibly directing the work of all care employees with full accountability for the performance of subordinates.
* Responsible for timely and effective communication of all department employees including positive feedback, ongoing and annual evaluations and performance counseling including disciplinary action.
* Interview, make hiring recommendations and orient new staff.
* Schedule and reschedule staff using independent judgment and exercising discretion when creating the schedule and making determinations regarding granting employee requests for time off or other modifications in work schedules.
* Responsible for tracking attendance and effectively carrying out disciplinary action where appropriate as per Affinity’s policy.
* Responsible for assuring staff maintain current certifications, and training requirements.
* Communicate and enforce policies and procedures including Affinity’s policies and procedures dealing with rules of employee conduct, the employer’s safety and sanitation policies and other human resource policies, and directly discipline and effectively recommend corrective and disciplinary action to enforce such policies.
* Evaluate performance and effectively recommend changes to terms and conditions of employment based on such evaluations.
* Hold Care Staff stand up meetings and participation in other management daily standup meetings.
* Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Perform job duties for residents and with team members in a courteous and professional manner.
* Take initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority.
* Meet and greet visitors in a friendly, helpful manner (Visitors include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current residents’ families and friends, prospective residents and their families, referral sources, vendors and regulators).
* Answer facility and resident phones appropriately, according to company and community standards.
* Communicate professionally and cooperate with supervisor and all community personnel.
* Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding Residents’ Rights. Assure reporting of infringement of Resident Rights is timely reported.
* Successfully complete Licensed Professional Support Skills and medication skills check off.
* Completed required State trainings.
* Attend training sessions as directed by supervisor.
* Follow and communicate Affinity goals, values, guidelines and policies and procedures.
* The job description provides a framework for the job; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Working conditions (travel, hours, environment):
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Is involved with resident, personnel, and visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
* Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff and visitors.
* Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors and staff.
* Works beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
* Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., through the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis viruses.
* Medium work: ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Experience extreme change in temperature at times and may be exposed to higher than normal temperatures while working.