Part Time with options for more shifts at other Carlton communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provides prescribed medication administration, medical treatment and personal care services toill, injured, convalescing, and disabled persons in Assisted Living and / or Memory Care perCompany Policy and State Regulations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.:
* Monitor, assess and respond to residents’ changing health and condition.
* Coordinate and evaluate medical needs and/or activities of daily living to formulate and provide asafe, balanced, and adequate program of care for changing needs.
* Participate in the initial and ongoing development of the Personal Service Plan including Focusareas and Interventions. Communicate to other associates, outside health services, responsibleparties, and physician accordingly regarding necessary updates and/or coordination of care.
* Takes and records residents’ vital signs and/or supervises trained Personal Care Aides performing this task as needed, or ordered by the physician.
* Provides necessary medication administration and treatments as ordered by the physician thatmay include but are not limited to, wound care, catheter care, colostomy and ileostomy care and oxygen administration.
* Applies compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles per nursing judgment and/or first aide requirements
* Communicate and document any mental, physical or emotional changes in residents to otherpersonnel, physician, and family or responsible party regarding ill residents, changes in condition,injuries/accidents, adverse reactions to medication or treatment, or 911 calls in a timely manner.
* Monitor and supervise the dispensation, storage, and destruction of medications.
* Administers oral, topical, rectal, subcutaneous and/or intramuscular injections in a timely mannerwith appropriate orders and documentation.
* Monitor and document narcotic count appropriately.
* Monitor transcription of medication orders onto MAR’s for accuracy.
* Monitor all medication orders from Physician for clarification.
* Assembles and uses equipment such as catheters, colostomies and oxygen per physician’s ordersand in compliance with State Regulations.
* Collects samples which may include urine, stool, blood, and sputum, from (all) residents fortesting, depending on possession of required certification.
* Assess current or future residents using the appropriate assessment tool while in the hospital ornursing home in order to plan for and provide the proper care and services needed at the time ofthe resident’s initial move in or return to the Community.
* Develop resident Personal Service Plans through assessing/reassessing resident level offunctioning and planning resident care and services. Participate in Family Connection Conferences.
* Provide educational in-services to enhance our associates’ knowledge, and for better quality ofservice to our residents.
* Maintain familiarity, and comply with Company Policies and Procedures and State Regulations.Consult Director of Resident Services and/or Memory Care Director as needed to ensurecompliance with Title 22 and Company Policy.
* Ensure First Aid Kits are fully equipped and in compliance with State Regulations.
* Complete all documentation before the end of each shift worked.
* Manage and coordinate assisted living or memory care resident and family requests and/orcomplaints in a professional and timely manner, with sensitivity and a positive attitude.
* Provide timely follow through on requests and complaints to make certain that the associate responsible for resolution has followed through, with the assistance of the Executive Director or Director of Resident Services.
* Understand all emergency systems and respond to emergencies as required. Support an on-going safety awareness program for residents and associates. Report all accidents, injuries or incidents immediately to Personnel in Charge, document and log reports or forms as appropriate. Use all equipment, tools and implements with caution.
* The ability to multitask and demonstrate adequate time management skills is an integral function of this position
• Communication Skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
* Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, future residents.
* Reasoning Ability
* Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
* Education and Experience
* According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
* Graduation from an approved vocational nursing or registered nursing program.
* A minimum of three years of nursing experience with at least one year of relevant work experience.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Certificates, License, Registration
* California License Vocational Nurse (LVN) and/or
* California Registered Nurse Liccense (RN)
* Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
* DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
* Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)