Through the combination of marketing and sales efforts, the Sales and Marketing Director is responsible for generating and managing leads to qualify prospects and move them through the admission process for the purpose of achieving budgeted occupancy targets. With assistance, develop the Community’s marketing, public relations and advertising programs to develop a growing base of referral sources, and to promote the programs provided by the property.
Position Responsibilities :
* Assist in developing an organized marketing and sales approach to effectively move prospects through the sales process to achieve budgeted occupancy targets.
* Responsible for maintaining budgeted occupancy and revenue by executing the marketing plan, generating the number of qualified inquiries, referrals, tours and then effectively closing the sale.
* Utilizing recognized sales methods, achieve targeted closing ratios through effective information gathering and presenting valid value-based options that “make sense” to the client.
* Ensure marketing database is up-to-date and accurate. Complete input of all required information (leads and activity) timely and accurately.
* Receive and/or respond to all incoming calls for inquiries. Follow-up with the inquiries via effective telephone calls, cards/letters, mailing of marketing information and other means in an effort to meet budgeted occupancy. Enter all available information in marketing database.
* Identify, build and develop an effective network of community and professional sources for potential resident referrals and establish relationships that assure continuing opportunities for the property.
* Develop active referral base within the community by making personal visits and sponsoring networking functions at the property. Accurately represent the community, its services and pricing structure in all interactions.
* Ability to measure success rates of referral contacts by establishing systems for tracking referral sources and requests for information by callers and walk-in visitors.
* Achieve and maintain required number of marketing contacts per week. Maintain outside referral database of qualified contacts.
* Keep referral, mailing list and customer information up-to-date.
* Monitor condition of all model rooms and respite rooms daily. Ensure that all rooms are ready for tour activity.
* Conduct morning walk-through of community to ensure readiness for property tours. Ensure all common areas needing attention are addressed at the beginning of each day, prior to any tour activity.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of the property’s product and services to effectively and accurately represent the property to referral sources and prospects by spending the majority of the workweek marketing and selling outside of the community.
* Ensure knowledge base remains current regarding aging, assisted living and dementia-specific care through continuing education.
* Maintain a working knowledge of the local market trends and competitors to assist in development of sales and marketing strategies and action plans.
* Complete the marketing report weekly and provide completed report to the Executive Director.
* Develop and complete a Competitive Market Analysis at least twice a year or as directed to do so by the Executive Director.
* Attend all appropriate networking functions in the area.
* Assist with the processing of all required information necessary to complete a successful move-in, as requested.
General Duties :
* Respond to resident concerns and complaints in a professional and caring manner. Elevate issues to your supervisor when appropriate.
* Demonstrate knowledge of each resident as an individual.
* Understand and ensure compliance with all Federal (Title 22) and state regulations concerning the department.
* Participate in daily “Stand-Up” meetings to communicate key issues within the department.
* Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests, following established safety standards. Immediately report all hazardous conditions or equipment safety issues to the Executive Director.
* Demonstrate knowledge of infection control, i.e., adequate hand-washing, blood borne pathogens procedures, universal precautions, etc.
* Use Universal Precautions and follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids.
* Report occupational exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious materials and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the propertys policies and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
* Communicates effectively and displays tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, visitors, co-workers, and supervisors.
* Support a positive and professional environment in the Community by adhering to guidelines in the employee handbook including dress code, time off requests and employee breaks.
* Attends scheduled in-services and trainings; be dependable and reliable according to attendance and punctuality standards.
* Maintain all required certifications/licensures and training as required by state law and company policy.
* Demonstrate flexibility in work schedule as evidenced by working holidays, evenings, weekends and additional shifts when necessary to ensure adequate coverage within the department.
* Performs other duties consistent with the position as assigned by the Senior Sales and Marketing Director and/or Executive Director.
Community Involvement :
* Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
* Provide support to the Assisted Living/Memory Care Department by communicating and filling out necessary paperwork for any observed or suspected resident change of condition
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC: :
* Must be eighteen (18) years of age
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field or equivalent experience
* Prefer two (2) years experience working with seniors, preferably in the Senior Housing Industry
* Able to safely operate standard household equipment (dishwasher, iron, vacuum, washer, dryer)
* Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machine, copier, telephone, etc.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of assisted living and dementia care
* Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with cognitively impaired individuals
* Able to be flexible, adapt and respond to change, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize tasks and projects.
* Able to process information and apply common sense understanding to follow and carry out written or oral instructions.
* Able to analyze, solve and respond to problems or concerns.
* Able to count and perform moderately complex math problems
* Able to read, write and speak the English language and to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, health care professionals, residents, and their families
* Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
* Able to obtain and maintain valid first aid certification
* Able to obtain and maintain valid Food Handler’s certification, as needed
* Be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job. Good physical health, verified by a health screening, including a chest x-ray or an intradermal test result not more than 6 months prior or seven (7) days after employment.