Performs direct patient care under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel.
* Because HCF exists to care for our residents, regular attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality care
* Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the ability to stand on one’s feet throughout the day, as well as, push, pull, move and/or lift repetitively a minimum of 10 pounds up to greater than 50 pounds.
* Commitment to HCF mission, values, philosophy and Service Excellence Initiative
* Must be able to complete performance requirements independently while using good judgment as well as have the ability to harmoniously work with others
* Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
* Assist residents in all activities of daily living, to include, bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, transferring, personal hygiene and ambulation
* Must follow HCF Policies and Procedures
* Must meet job related competencies as outlined in the Skills Competency Manual
* Answers call lights
* Complete documentation of care given
* Refers to and follows resident care plan
* Report any abnormal findings, such as, injuries, incidents, skin issues, complaints, suspected abuse/neglect/misappropriation, and any unsafe conditions
* Attend required in-service education
* Keep resident rooms and work areas neat and clean
* Follows appropriate Infection Control and Safety Practices
* Communicates effectively with residents, staff and visitors
* All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
* A minimum of a grammar school education is essential.
* A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Is already a State Tested Nurse Aide or will successfully complete and pass a State approved Nurse Aide training program and competency exam within four months of date of hire.