Full Time - 12 Hour Shifts – Night Shift 6P-6A
We are willing to send chosen applicants to STNA classes for STNA positions! Come to Brookhaven and join our excellent team of caring STNA's who make a difference in the lives of our Residents!
The Nursing Assistant is a person responsible for giving basic bedside care to the residents. He/she shall be prepared to give resident care from prior experience, other training programs, and/or in-service education programs provided by the Care Center. He/she shall work under the direction of the Registered Nurse or the Licensed Practical Nurse in providing safety measures and comfort to the resident.
* Must have a high degree of integrity and refrain from ever discussing with an unauthorized person any information concerning the residents or the Center which he/she learns in the course of his/her work.
* Must have the ability to work with others and to accept constructive criticism.
* Must have a genuine interest and desire to help others and the ability to relate to residents with warmth and understanding.
* Must appear clean and neat in uniform. The color and style of uniform to be determined by Administrator. Hose of appropriate color, white clinical shoes, and white undergarments are also part of uniform. Clogs and sandals are not acceptable. Hair should be short or up when working with residents. Good personal hygiene is required.
* Perform such duties as are required in the physical care of the residents, as directed by the Charge Nurse.
* All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate for full-time employment. Students 16 years old or above may be considered for part-time work in accordance with the Child Labor Laws.
* None, but previous gerontological experience and knowledge would be preferred.
* Must possess evidence of a State approved training program or complete the training and competency evaluation program as approved by the State of Ohio within four (4) months after
* Must complete 12 hours continued education per calendar year.