Full time, benefitted Sous Chef position. 11a-7p; every other weekend required.
Prepare food to provide nutrition and variety to the residents. Coordinate resident involvement in the kitchen and dining room.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to::
In the Kitchen:
* Prepare food daily as outlined on the weekly menu plan.
* Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA regulations in accordance with facility policies.
* Alter or adapt recipes to accommodate special dietary needs of residents or to improve recipes. Recipes should be prepared with little or no added sodium (salt).
* Identify food and supplies needed for the next weeks menus and report to the supervisor.
* Maintain a written inventory of dry goods, refrigerated and frozen foods, non-food supplies, dishes and utensils.
* Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment.
* Coordinate and participate in serving food.
* Monitor portion control to meet residents requests and minimize waste.
* Ensure attractive presentation of food on the plate before serving.
* Maintain an accurate record of chargeable meals (resident, guest and catered) and non-chargeable meals (resident, employee and marketing).
* Submit record to the office by the designated date each month.
* Notify Manager of malfunction of equipment or appliances.
* Encourage and invite residents to participate in the dining service program and activities.
* Ensure proper handling, labeling and storage of food for infection control.
* Ensure compliance with regulations.
* Provide input for resident assistance plans.
* Responsible/in charge of the kitchen and staff in the absence of the FSD.
* Complete the resident food preference form for each resident within one week of residency, as needed.
* Attend any meetings and In services
* Resolve dining room concerns in the absence of FSD and Dining Room Supervisor.
* Report any problems or concerns to the FSD.
* Performs duties of FSD in his/her absence.
* Prepare meats for storage and portion control-upon delivery; ensure proper storage of all delivered foods and ingredients.
* Assist with menu planning; review and adjust menus with supervisor to accommodate foods in season, vendor sale prices, special events and holidays.
* Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Assist with Emergency Plan implementation as assigned.
* Maintenance: changing light bulbs, batteries in smoke detectors and thermostats, clearing vehicles of snow/ice, light snow shoveling/ clearing walk ways, etc.
* Participates in Quality/Process Improvement programs as requested.
* Work schedule as assigned by Supervisor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Heated, air-conditioned, well-lit facility. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, fingers, handle items, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, bend, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using proper body mechanics or available equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Extended sitting for up to 2-3 hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work in a team setting. Demonstrated ability to recognize customer needs and respond in a manner that exceeds our customers expectations. Kitchen can become quite hot during summer months. Weekend work expected on a rotation basis. Standing and/or walking for 2 -3 hours without a break. Carrying heavy trays.
Visit us online at http://bentleyatkeene.com/