Visit us online at http://bentleyatkeene.com/
Coordinate and administers the service plan to meet health needs of the residents and promote wellness. Supervisors and delegates care to LNAs and RCAs within scope of practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: :
* Meet with every new resident and complete a basic health assessment within one week of their moving into the facility.
* For at-risk residents, coordinate the assistance plan, activate resources through home health, and communicate with the physician regarding issues that keep the resident at risk.
* Provide or coordinate educational opportunities related to health issues of interest to the residents.
* Role models geriatric care techniques to staff and educate as needed.
* Assist the Health Services Director with the implementation of the self-administered medication management program. Collaborate with pharmacy to ensure accurate medication management program.
* Assist in completion of required documentation to meet federal and state guidelines.
* Review all emergency calls for assistance by residents and complete a quality-action review on the treatment and handling of each emergency by staff.
* Assists with developing a service plan for each resident and ensures follow through and revision as needed.
* Collaborate and maintain routine communications with families and residents.
* Monitor written staff documentation, including daily documentation sheets, communication book and self-administered medication sheets for assurance and completeness.
* Participate in meetings to discuss needs and requirements of each resident and takes appropriate action as needed and directed to promote quality resident care.
* Supervises staff including orients new staff, assignment of tasks, on-going instruction and guidance, and evaluations; and assures that residents have physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs met. Work is of high quality and done in a pleasant manner.
* Maintenance: changing light bulbs, batteries in smoke detectors and thermostats, clearing vehicles of snow/ice, light snow snow shoveling/ clearing walk ways, etc.
* Participate in Quality/Process Improvement programs as requested.
* Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA regulations in accordance with facility policies.
* Assist with Emergency Plan implementation as assigned
To perform the job duties of this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential operational duty in a superior manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Three to six months experience and/or training. Experience/ interest in working with older adults. Maturity, friendliness and enjoyment in working with people and providing exceptional customer service. Nursing License in the State of New Hampshire (RN preferred).Experience in working with older adults. Good assessment skills. Good communication skills.
Bentley Commons is looking to add a great part-time and per-diem nurse to our team. Come join the regions Best Assisted Living (as voted in the Reader's Choice Awards)!