Visit us online at http://bentleyatkeene.com/
Prepare food to provide nutrition and variety to the residents. Coordinate resident involvement in the kitchen and dining room.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to::
In the Kitchen:
* Prepare food daily as outlined on the weekly menu plan.
* Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA regulations in accordance with facility policies.
* Alter or adapt recipes to accommodate special dietary needs of residents or to improve recipes. Recipes should be prepared with little or no added sodium (salt).
* Identify food and supplies needed for the next weeks menus and report to the supervisor.
* Maintain a written inventory of dry goods, refrigerated and frozen foods, non-food supplies, dishes and utensils.
* Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment.
* Coordinate and participate in serving food.
* Monitor portion control to meet residents requests and minimize waste.
* Ensure attractive presentation of food on the plate before serving.
* Maintain an accurate record of chargeable meals (resident, guest and catered) and non-chargeable meals (resident, employee and marketing).
* Submit record to the office by the designated date each month.
* Notify Manager of malfunction of equipment or appliances.
* Encourage and invite residents to participate in the dining service program and activities.
* Ensure proper handling, labeling and storage of food for infection control.
* Ensure compliance with regulations.
* Provide input for resident assistance plans.
* Responsible/in charge of the kitchen and staff in the absence of the FSD.
* Complete the resident food preference form for each resident within one week of residency, as needed.
* Attend any meetings and In services
* Resolve dining room concerns in the absence of FSD and Dining Room Supervisor.
* Report any problems or concerns to the FSD.
* Performs duties of FSD in his/her absence.
* Prepare meats for storage and portion control-upon delivery; ensure proper storage of all delivered foods and ingredients.
* Assist with menu planning; review and adjust menus with supervisor to accommodate foods in season, vendor sale prices, special events and holidays.
* Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Assist with Emergency Plan implementation as assigned.
* Maintenance: changing light bulbs, batteries in smoke detectors and thermostats, clearing vehicles of snow/ice, light snow shoveling/ clearing walk ways, etc.
* Participates in Quality/Process Improvement programs as requested.
* Work schedule as assigned by Supervisor.
To perform the job duties of this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential operational duty in a superior manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Three to six months experience and/or training. Experience/ interest in working with older adults. Maturity, friendliness and enjoyment in working with people and providing exceptional customer service. Commercial cooking experience preferred or domestic cooking experience with large groups. Certificate in food-preparation training preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. High school diploma or GED required, with reading, comprehension and writing ability at a 12th grade level or higher.
Full time! Benefits! Great opportunity to showcase your culinary and baking skills. Come work in a fast-paced, friendly environment. Must have prior experience baking in large quantities. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal record check. Every other weekend required.