Coordinates and administers the service plan to meet the health needs of the residents and promote wellness. Supervises and delegates care to LNAs and RCAs within scope of practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to:
* Meet every new resident and complete a basic health assessment within one (1) week of their moving into the facility.
* For At risk Residents, coordinate the assistance plan and activate resources through home health. Communicate with the
physician regarding issues that keep the resident at risk.
* Provide or coordinate educational opportunities related to health issues of interest to the Residents.
* Role model geriatric care techniques to staff and educate as needed.
* Assist the Resident Care Director with the implementation of the self-administered medication management program.
Collaborate with pharmacy to ensure accurate medication management program.
* Assist in completion of required documentation to meet federal and state guidelines.
* Review all emergency calls for assistance by Residents and complete a quality-action review of the treatment and handling
of each emergency by Staff.
* Assist with the development of a service plan for each Resident and ensure follow through and revision as needed.
* Collaborate and maintain routine communications with families and Residents.
* Monitor written staff documentation, including daily documentation sheets, communication book and self-administered
medication sheets for assurance and completeness.
* Participate in meetings to discuss needs and requirements of each Resident and take appropriate action as needed and
directed to promote quality Resident care.
* Supervise staff, including orientation of new staff, assignment of tasks, ongoing instruction and guidance, evaluations.
Assure that Residents physical, emotional and spiritual needs are met. Work is to be of high quality and performed in a
State issued Nursing license. Experience in working with older adults. Good assessment and communication skills.
I have read and understand the responsibilities of this position. I possess the qualifications indicated and am able to carry out the identified responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.