Provide personal care services, assistance support and supervision to Residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to:
* Follow the service plan in providing services to Residents.
* Assist in the development and updating of each Resident’s service plan.
* Strip and make Residents’ beds weekly.
* Assist in meal preparation, serving meals and bussing tables during mealtimes, if necessary.
* Daily light housekeeping as outlined in the service plan.
* Assist Residents with activities of daily living; including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene and mobility.
* Assist Residents with oxygen, ostomies and other medical problems as outlined in the service plan.
* Encourage socialization among Residents.
* Assist with the activity program; conduct activities as directed by the Activity Coordinator or as assigned by Supervisor.
* Encourage and/or remind Residents to participate in activities. Promote activities enthusiastically to pique Residents’
* Chaperone activities outside the facility when requested.
* Monitor health, safety and well-being of Residents.
* Document information pertaining to changes in Residents’ functional status, personal needs, appointments, etc.
* Assist in keeping the environment safe for Residents.
* Provide one-on-one support/visitation to assigned Residents on a weekly basis or as requested by Supervisor; or as specified
in the service plan and daily communication log.
* Report concerns about Residents to Supervisor and coworkers.
* Respond to Resident emergencies; provide first aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention.
* Provide transportation services, using company vehicle when requested.
* Identify supplies needed to perform tasks and report needs to Supervisor.
* Maintain an accurate record of chargeable services (transportation, cleaning, personal laundry, guest meals, guest room use,
etc.). Submit record to Supervisor by the designated date each month.
* Practice safety in working and with use of equipment, chemicals, tools and utensils.
* Carry out other duties, as assigned by Supervisor.
CNA or CHHA certification required. Training/experience as nursing assistant. Skills in nurturing and organizing, similar to those in domestic household. Experience or interest in working with older adults. Maturity, friendliness and enjoyment of working with people.
I have read and understand the responsibilities of this position. I possess the qualifications indicated and am able to carry out the identified responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.