Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. This individual will play a key role in advancing the Accura mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and will be expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness.
$7500 SIGN ON BONUS
Full-Time 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. and Full-Time 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Great wage scale and benefit package available. Join our team and refer your friends for another bonus.:
The Registered Nurse assists in the administration of quality nursing care for the facility in concurrence with resident care plans. Renders nursing care to cater to client’s individual needs through practice of recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards. Assists in maintaining a physical, social, and psychological environment which will be conducive to the best interest and welfare of the resident in conjunction with our Core Values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities::
* Directly influences resident care plans and proactively makes adjustments based on resident needs. Consults and coordinates with health care team members to asses, plan, implement and evaluate resident care plans.
* Completes proper charting accurately and completely; performs other administrative duties related to resident care in an efficient and timely manner.
* Serves as a leader in the nursing department with direct influence over CNA’s and CMA’s in providing care; works as a member of the care team to maintain optimum resident care standards.
* Sets high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs, builds and maintains relationships with residents, communicates with residents in a genuine manner using appropriate verbiage, and establishes good rapport with the residents.
* Assists physicians in rounds and reviews orders. Orders medications, maintains resident chart, receives and documents physician orders. Notifies physician and family of incidents or changes in condition of resident.
* Follows the American Nurse Association’s Scope and Standard of Practice to ensure residents, families, and the public that the nursing care they receive is competent and up to date with the latest research; adheres to the Nursing Standards of Practice as a benchmark for nursing care standards.
* Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy; treats residents with kindness, dignity and respect; knows and complies with Residents Rights rules; and promptly reports all resident grievances to management.
* Understands and follows established Universal Precaution guidelines, infection control and safety rules; ensures cleanliness of assigned residents rooms; displays an awareness of cleanliness and proper maintenance at all drug carts/rooms and to maintain a clean working environment; maintains a locked medication room and/ or cart when unattended; reports hazardous conditions or equipment to the appropriate person; follows established safety rules, and fire and disaster procedures.
* Communicates with family members regarding condition and progress of residents, including in-person and answering of telephone inquiries taking into account the nature of the information.
* Requisitions necessary supplies to meet unit needs as well as ensure equipment is in good working order.
* Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our core values.
* Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
* Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalency (required).
* 1 year of practical nursing experience in a clinical setting or long term care facility (preferred).
* Advanced preparation in geriatric care (preferred).
* Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Demonstrates leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
* State of Iowa RN licensure by the Iowa Board of Nursing (required).
* CPR Certification (required).