The Housekeeper shall keep all areas of the facility neat, clean and in a sanitary condition. The Housekeeper should be familiar with the concept of assisted living and relate well with residents and staff of the facility.
The duties of the Housekeeper include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Able to sweep, mop, and polish floors; vacuum carpets; clean restrooms; wash windows and walls; move and arrange furniture and equipment; pick up outside refuse.
* Dress in appropriate uniform and be at appointed workstation promptly when the shift starts and work consistently until the shift ends.
* Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
* Demonstrate ability to clean and sanitize areas of responsibility consistent with facility policy and procedure.
* Attend all facility and department in-service training.
* Work in cooperation with all other employees of the facility to maintain a clean and sanitary environment for both residents and staff
A high school diploma is desirable, but not mandatory. A good working knowledge (reading and speaking) of the English language is mandatory. Housekeeping experience is preferable, but not essential. Must meet health assessment requirements and be able to perform each of the essential position functions.