Prepares and serves high quality, nourishing and properly prepared food items (by following the community's menus and standardized recipes). Must be able to follow time schedules for food production/preparation and the serving of the meals. Must maintain a work area that is clean and orderly and insure that all food is stored according to proper sanitation regulations.
* Test all cooked food by taste and smell to determine if it is properly cooked, seasoned and at proper serving temperature for palatability.
* Prepare all menu items as described on the daily production sheets and standardized recipes.
* Portion all food items according to the menu and prescribed diet using scoops, ladles and/or scales.
* Clean and maintain all kitchen equipment and report any faulty or broken equipment.
* Handle and prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
High school graduate preferred, able to read and write and understand the English language. Experience in large food quantity preparation in a health care facility is desirable. Must be able to perform each of the essential position functions. Must meet health assessment requirements.