POSTION SUMMARY: :
The purpose of this position is to prepare and provide food service to residents in a cost-effective, efficient manner to safely meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: :
High School Graduate or Equivalent. Must successfully complete all testing when/as required by State law.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: :
Previous experience as a cook.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: :
Must be able to assist in all areas of the Dietary Department.
DUTIES OF POSITION::
* Present a professional image: Exhibits a manner that is cordial and respectful. Conservative, appropriate dress, and good personal hygiene.
* Communicate effectively: Timely, attentive, respectful, and clear communication whether verbal, written or body language. Displays control and calmness in all situations.
* Maintain privacy and confidentiality: Respecting others’ rights, shares only what others need to know and in only appropriate places, not in public areas or near others without a need to know.
* Anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative, and strive to exceed expectations: Empathize with those who are in need. Seek ways to be helpful to residents, visitors, and the company. Provide superior service by focusing on our customers.
* Be an ambassador for your organization: Be positive and caring as a representative of the Company.
* Be a team player: Support your fellow employees; share your time and talents; be respectful and helpful. Welcome the new member of the department/ unit.
* Know the organization: Seek information; share it with others; always be a resource. Know who is responsible for each area of the Company with whom interaction is needed.
* Assume responsibility for cleanliness: Observe all rules regarding eating. Leave all areas clean and neat. Promote safety.
* Take ownership of complaints: Listen with genuine sincerity, apologize, resolve or report complaint to someone who can resolve the complaint.
* Celebrate Success: Acknowledge your own as well as others’ successes. Be proud!! Participate in departmental or organizational activities.
Mission and Values:
* Shows compassion for others and commitment to helping those who needs assistance.
* Follows compliance program, is sensitive to ethical and compliance issues and appropriately addresses such issues.
Quality of Work:
* Uses integrity, good judgment and problem solving skills in making decisions.
* Produces high quality documentation as evidence by the following:
* Handle and prepare food in a sanitary manner.
* Prepare food which is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
* Keep work area clean and sanitize work surfaces after food preparation.
* Follow written menus and recipes.
* Attend in-service training programs for Food Service employees.
* Understand and be able to prepare therapeutic diets.
* Stock food in compliance with dietary policies and procedures.
* Follow posted menus for food preparation.
* Assist the food service supervisor to determine the amount and type of food necessary to prepare the daily menus.
* Prepare residents’ diets in accordance with diet orders and daily menus.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
* Takes steps necessary to produce excellent work in any task or job that is assigned.