POSTION SUMMARY: :
Plan, coordinate and conduct activity programs in accordance with federal and state regulations and community standards and as directed by supervisor to ensure that the emotional, recreational, and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis. Ensure that on-going supplies are maintained; appropriate set-ups of equipment/areas are in place as needed; and proper documentation is completed in a timely manner. Assist with transporting residents as/when required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: :
High School diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: :
Minimum 1 year experience in recreation preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: :
Consistently work cooperatively with residents, residents’ representatives, facility staff, physicians, and ancillary service providers.
DUTIES OF POSITION::
* Present a professional image: Exhibits a manner that is cordial and respectful. Conservative, appropriate dress, and good personal hygiene.
* Communicate effectively: Timely, attentive, respectful, and clear communication whether verbal, written or body language. Displays control and calmness in all situations.
* Maintain privacy and confidentiality: Respecting others’ rights, shares only what others need to know and in only appropriate places, not in public areas or near others without a need to know.
* Anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative, and strive to exceed expectations: Empathize with those who are in need. Seek ways to be helpful to residents, visitors, and the Premier community. Provide superior service by focusing on our customers.
* Be an ambassador for your organization: Be positive and caring as a representative of the Company.
* Be a team player: Support your fellow employees; share your time and talents; be respectful and helpful. Welcome the new member of the department/ unit.
* Know the organization: Seek information; share it with others; always be a resource. Know who is responsible for each area of the Company with whom interaction is needed.
* Assume responsibility for cleanliness: Observe all rules regarding eating. Leave all areas clean and neat. Promote safety.
* Take ownership of complaints: Listen with genuine sincerity, apologize, resolve or report complaint to someone who can resolve the complaint.
* Celebrate Success: Acknowledge your own as well as others’ successes. Be proud!! Participate in departmental or organizational activities.
Mission and Values:
* Shows compassion for others and commitment to helping those who needs assistance.
* Follows compliance program, is sensitive to ethical and compliance issues and appropriately addresses such issues.