GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, performs and/or supervises delivery of health services for all residents; directs and manages staff to ensure the safety and well being of the residents.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Services Director:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
* Know and understand the vision, purpose, values and goals of Anthem Memory Care.
* Assesses health and safety needs of residents; oversees medical care (medications/treatments);
* Assures that social model of assisted living is in operation;
* Assists with family contact when medical issue is involved and provides information about residents’ conditions and discusses alternative actions;
* Provides assessment input about residents to the clinical services director;
* Participates in the preparation for the Department of Social Services annual inspection;
* Assists in development of annual strategic plan goals for the health issues in the resident services department; actively participates in the total strategic plan goals for the resident services department;
* Acts as a back-up to the director in his/her absence;
* Attends in-service training workshops, educational classes, and meetings;
* Responds to emergency situations;
* Acts as liaison with doctors and residents;
* Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the community safety program;
* Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests and co-workers;
* Assists in other departments as needed;
* Schedules transportation for residents to appointments if resident is unable;
* Performs other related essential duties as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
A High School Diploma, vocational/technical training; at least three years of experience, preferably in a geriatric setting; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
CERTIFICATION AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
* QMAP Certification
* Requires First Aid and CPR certification;
* Criminal record clearance or criminal record exemption, as required by law
* Health evaluation to ensure ability to perform duties of the position and the absence of any communicable disease, including tuberculosis and CXR clearance.