Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing Services. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of this state.
Delegation of Authority:
As a Certified Medication Aide, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent.
Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide having successfully completed a state approved training program and any necessary examination(s) in accordance with laws of this State.
* Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
* Follow the policies and procedures of the facility governing the administering of medications to residents.
* Note and report errors in the administration of medications.
* Assist in developing and implementing procedures or programs of the facility that seek to determine what medication errors are taking place, when, where, and why they occur, and how they can be prevented.
* Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, charts, reports, etc., and submit these as may be required.
* Maintain a friendly, productive, working relationship with other members of the department of nursing, attending physicians, the Medical Director, and pharmacists.
* Report any complaints or grievances made by residents to the Director of Nursing Services.
* Participate and cooperate with any facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as requested by the Administrator or Director of Nursing Services.
* Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access facility’s information system.
* Report known or suspected incidents of fraud to the Administrator.
* Ensure that departmental computer workstations left unattended are properly logged off or the password protected automatic screen-saver activates within established facility policy guidelines.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
* Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and other personnel.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
* Must provide documentation of such certification upon application for the position.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
$800 sign on bonus! Country Lane is looking for CMAs to join our awesome team! We have openings on the evening, weekend, and night shifts. Apply online or in person at 306 East 7th, Beggs, OK: