Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
Delegation of Authority:
As a Certified Nursing Assistant you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Must possess, as a minimum, a 10th grade education.
* Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with laws of this state.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
* Use the wristband or photo card file to identify residents before administering treatments, serving meals, etc., as necessary.
* Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
* Use only authorized abbreviations established by this facility when recording information.
* Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
* Report all accidents and incidents you observe on the shift that they occur.
* Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
* Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access facility’s information system.
* Ensure that the resident’s room is ready for receiving the resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available, etc.).
* Greet residents and escort them to their room.
* Introduce resident to his/her roommate, if any, and other residents and personnel as appropriate.
* Make resident comfortable (i.e., put to bed, get water, etc.).
* Inventory and mark the resident’s personal possessions as instructed.
* Store resident’s clothing.
* Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when they are being transferred to a new room, or when being discharged.
* Transport residents to new rooms or to the receiving area.
* Assist with loading/unloading residents from vehicles as necessary.
* Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors.
* Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
* Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
* Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
* Meet with your shift’s nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
* Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
* Notify the facility when you will be late or absent from work.
* Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals to your supervisor.
* Report known or suspected incidents of fraud to the Administrator.
* Ensure that departmental computer workstations left unattended are properly logged off or the password protected automatic screen-saver activates within established facility policy guidelines.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
* Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
* Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
$500 sign on bonus! We are looking for super CNA's/CMA's/DDCA's to join our team! We have openings on our evening, night and weekend shifts. Great wages and benefits offered! Must have current CNA or DDCA certification.
Apply online or in person at 306 East 7th Street, Beggs