Openings on 1st and 2nd Shift!!! :
Resident and Family Customer Service:
* Provides exceptional customer service at all times to all Residents, families, and guests.
* Exemplify, at all times, the Cottage 4 A’s: Ability, Attitude, Appearance, and Attendance.
* Greet all visitors warmly and enthusiastically.
* Seek to preserve each Resident’s independence, choice, dignity and respect.
Resident Service and Personal Assistance:
* Provide personal care and services for optimum social, health, and welfare functioning of all Residents in accordance with written Cottage policies and procedures, State and health department regulations, and Residents’ Rights to include:
* Responding to the pull cord system and calls for assistance as required. Assisting all Residents in the event of an emergency.
* Assistance with ADL’s including ambulating, transfers, bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, meals etc.
* Assist in performing, monitoring and supervision of daily personal hygiene of Residents.
* Assist Residents with medications in accordance to the written policies and state and health department regulations.
* Accompany Residents to scheduled appointments as directed by supervisor.
* Observes Residents and notes physical conditions, attitude, and reactions, appetites, etc. and reports changes/unusual findings.
* Communicates with cottage managers in reference to personal assistance services or other services needed to maintain quality of services to Residents and reports changes in Residents’ physical condition as appropriate.
* Assists in conducting activities and special events.
* Serves Residents in the Cottage dining room in a professional, friendly manner according to established policies and procedures.
* Answers telephones as required.
* Performs assigned clerical duties.
* Assists in recording of accurate records for daily activity of each Resident.
* Properly clean Residents apartments in accordance to policy, procedures and Cottage schedule.
* Launder Resident’s clothing and linens in accordance to policy, procedures and Cottage schedule
* Properly clean all common areas of Cottage in accordance with policy, procedures and Cottage schedule
* Communicates with management any maintenance issues that required attention.
* Develops positive working relationships with Residents, families, management, and staff.
* Fully understand all emergency procedures and act responsibly in the event of a fire, or other emergency.
* Continues professional growth through current literature.
* Recommends changes in effective use of space and equipment.
Position Specific Competencies :
* Must provide exceptional customer service.
* Must have ability to work well with others and independently.
* Must have personality with which others can communicate easily.
* Must be able to lift 75 pounds unassisted and 125 pounds per person in a two-person lift.
* Must demonstrate proper body mechanics as required to lift or assist in a lift.
* Must be able to read, write, and make simple calculations and follow both oral and written instructions.
* Must have a sense of responsibility and integrity as well as overall common sense.
* Sincere desire to work with the elderly and the infirmed.
* Overall good physical and mental health.
* Overall patient and compassionate.
* Familiar with gerontology and overall view of health care delivery.
* Will be regular in attendance, with the right attitude and attire.
We are a drug-free workplace. We do perform criminal background checks and substance abuse testing.