Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services within a continuing care retirement community, is looking for individuals who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their daily work, and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented atmosphere. Through teamwork, we become more creative, find solutions, enjoy our work and build relationships. It all adds up to exceptional job satisfaction and stability. You too can discover the satisfaction of knowing that your work can make a difference in your life and in the lives of people around you.
Provides the activities of daily living care to residents. Assists in meeting the residents needs by performing tasks for the residents.
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as well as personnel matters as confidential information.
* Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Assistance with personal care: bathing, dressing, hair care, nail care, oral care and assistance with ambulating (pushing wheel chairs, assisting to walk, assisting in and out of chairs, beds, and cars)
* Meal Preparation
* Transportation to and from appointments
* Errands: grocery shopping, and/or personal shopping, trips, etc.
* Delivers medication prepared by the licensed nurse.
* Records resident information concisely, accurately and completely, and reports to the Home Health Director objective observations of change in resident conditions or needs.
* Assists with Community Health duties, such as filing, charting, preparing charge slips, etc.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
* Certified Nursing Assistant or Hospitality Aide
* Motivation and desire to work with geriatric persons.
* Possesses compassion, understanding and empathy for older persons.
* Possesses the ability to assess clients and to anticipate and satisfy their needs.
* Ability to communicate with clients at a level they can understand.
* Ability to lift and transfer 30 pounds of weight.
* Ability to work independently and responsibly without direct on-site supervision.
* Current valid driver’s license. Must be on Homewood’s approved driving list to transport.
* Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn throughout the shift.
* Organizational skills and ability to do sequential events.
Must be able to constantly work on their feet during an 8 hour shift, bend, stoop, twist and turn constantly throughout the shift in performing regular duties. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of resident weight and/or transfer and reposition a resident at least 25 times throughout the shift. Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in response to the unexpected behavior of residents either during lifting or repositioning or during other frequent occasions when having direct contact with residents. Must be able to handle the physical transfer of residents from unsafe to safer locations in the event of a fire or other disaster. Ability to do sequential events/tasks.