Applicants must already be certified!:
Openings available for part time and full time evening shift.:
Possible benefits may include:
Health Insurance and Prescription Plan
Care Here (onsite medical care)
Competitive salary with shift and weekend differentials
Flexible schedule and shifts
Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services within a continuing care retirement community, is looking for individuals who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their daily work, and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented atmosphere. Through teamwork, we become more creative, find solutions, enjoy our work and build relationships. It all adds up to exceptional job satisfaction and stability. You too can discover the satisfaction of knowing that your work can make a difference in your life and in the lives of people around you.
Provides the activities of daily living care to the residents under license staff supervision.
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as confidential information.
* Complies with established policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Assists in or provides for the maintenance of individual personal hygiene, i.e., bathing, shaving, changing clothing, nail care, toilet needs.
* Provides clean, dry linen and make beds to meet resident needs.
* Encourages proper resident nutrition by serving food promptly and assists with feeding when necessary.
* Performs resident treatments as assigned by the Team Leader and within the nursing scope of practice.
* Records resident information concisely, accurately, and completely, and reports to the team Leader objective observations of change in resident condition or need.
* Actively participates in resident care planning.
* Promotes the activity of daily living according to the resident’s care plan.
* Resident lifts and transfers will be done according to the resident’s care plan and the Lift Free Program.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor
* Ability to lift and transfer 30 pounds of resident weight frequently (30 times) throughout the shift.
* Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, and turn constantly throughout an eight (8) hour shift.
* Organizational skills and ability to do sequential events.
* Listed on the state registry as a Nursing Assistant within 120 days of employment.
* Motivation and desire to work with geriatric persons.
* Ability to speak English at a level residents can understand.
* Ability to read and write in English to carry out functions related to the care plans and provide appropriate resident care.
Must be able to constantly work on their feet during an 8 hour shift, bend, stoop, twist and turn constantly throughout the shift in performing regular duties. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of resident weight and/or transfer and reposition a resident at least 25 times throughout the shift. Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in response to the unexpected behavior of residents either during lifting or repositioning or during other frequent occasions when having direct contact with residents. Must be able to handle the physical transfer of residents from unsafe to safer locations in the event of a fire or other disaster. Ability to do sequential events/tasks.