Assisted Living Openings::
Part time 2:30p - 10:45p :
Homewood at Williamsport, the original Homewood community, is nestled on 28 beautifully landscaped acres near Hagerstown, Maryland. Resident’s enjoy the stability of this long-established community with mature trees and plantings and all the warmth and charm of Western Maryland.
Our well-appointed Community Center features a chapel/multipurpose room, resident lounge and convenience store along with a dining room, library and other common areas. Residents also have access to the fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub, computer lab, outdoor gardening plots and walking trail.
The community includes:
· Independent Living Cottages and Apartments
· Assisted Living Suites
· Health Care Center and Canterbury Rehabilitation
Assesses the direct delivery of resident care and administers prescribed medications.
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as well as personnel matters as confidential information.
* Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
* Provides accurate and descriptive records of medical and nursing care of the residents.
* Assigns daily resident care duties to Nursing Assistants and Hospitality Aides, monitors and evaluates the delivery of care.
* Accurately transcribes and carries out all physicians orders and assists with physician visits.
* Participates in resident care planning.
* Evaluates and is alert to the physical and psychological needs of the residents and responds in accordance with proper nursing techniques and protocol.
* Assists with admissions and discharges of residents.
* Assists in the management of Nursing Assistants and Hospitality Aides.
* Assists with direct resident care as time and responsibilities permit.
* Assists with carrying out physician orders.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
* Current and valid LPN license in the state providing nursing care.
* Possesses judgment capabilities, initiative and dependability.
* Ability to read, write and understand English well.
* Ability to stand, walk, stoop, twist and turn frequently throughout the course of an eight hour shift.
* Ability to lift 30 pounds in assisting co-workers with resident lifts, transfers, etc. several times throughout the shift.
* Standing and walking distances constantly throughout the campus would be required during the shift in evaluating residents and supporting line staff and (at applicable facilities) respond to emergency needs of the Retirement Community.
* Ability to push a med cart in dispensing medications.
* Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in unexpected behavior of residents.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to communicate to residents at a level they can understand.
Ability to stand, walk, stoop, twist and turn frequently throughout the course of an 8 hour shift. Ability to push a med cart in dispensing medications. Ability to lift 30 pounds in assisting co-workers with resident lifts, transfers, etc. several times throughout the shift. Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in unexpected behavior of residents.