Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services within a continuing care retirement community, is looking for individuals who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their daily work, and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented atmosphere. Through teamwork, we become more creative, find solutions, enjoy our work and build relationships. It all adds up to exceptional job satisfaction and stability. You too can discover the satisfaction of knowing that your work can make a difference in your life and in the lives of people around you.
Responsible to deliver food to residents and guests in an attractive and professional manner. Ensures a high quality dining experience for residents and guests in the delivery of food in a restaurant style environment
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as confidential information.
* Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Assists with the preparation of meal trays by placing condiments, silverware, food, beverages and special items on trays. Prepares room for dining by placing linens on the tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, utensils, menus, etc.
* Serves food on trays and/or tables in an attractive manner and appetizing in appearance.
* Responsible to wait on tables in a restaurant style manor using proper serving etiquette.
* Responsible to assist in creating a positive restaurant style environment for our residents and guests.
* Assists with the preparation of meals.
* Delivers tray carts and nourishment’s to the nursing areas/floors.
* Responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitation of dishes, utensils, equipment and work areas by following established work procedures and standards of sanitation.
* Assists with special food functions (banquets, teas, etc.).
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
* Food service experience preferred.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and printed instructions.
* High degree of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
* Ability to do repeated pushing of tray carts, and lifting or carrying a minimum of 25 pounds throughout an eight hour shift.
* Ability to stand and walk throughout the course of an eight hour shift.
* Must treat residents and the public with kindness and respect in a cheerful manner.
* Ability to use the point of service system preferred.: