Perform physical therapy programs under the general supervision of a physical therapist.
* Assist in administering programs involving passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, traction and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared and hot and cold packs to treat patients/residents.
* instructs, motivate and assist patients/residents to learn and improve skills.
* observe patients/residents during treatments and compile data on responses to treatments and progress. Report orally or in writing to rehab director.
* Assist in evaluation of patient/resident daily living skills and capacities to determine the extent of abilities and limitations.
* Design and adapt equipment.
* Assist in instructing patient/residents and family programs, as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
* Document patient/resident progress toward established goals.
* Establish and maintain good public relations with patients/residents, families and other center guests. Show empathy toward patients/reside4nts as needed. Adhere to requirements of resident/patient Bill of Rights.
* Follow established infection control precautions. Adhere to Universal Blood and Body fluid precautions following policy and center specific infection control policies and procedures.
* Observe safety needs of patients/residents. Identify safety and security hazards and report to appropriate personnel after ensuring patient/resident is out of immediate danger.
* Assist in maintaining supplies and equipment.
* Maintain billing records.
* Follow policies and procedures related to body mechanics, transfer, body positioning and mobility as outlined in the Nursing Policies and Procedures Manual.
* Attend seminars and other educational programs related to physical therapy as required to maintain active licensure status.
* Participate in scheduled in-service programs and staff meetings.
* Maintain confidentiality of necessary information.
* Utilize supplies and equipment properly and without waste.
* Think and act calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job without being thrown off stride.
* Perform any miscellaneous work assignments as may be required.
* Graduate of accredited two-year Physical Therapist Assistant program and certified according to national requirements. Licensed in the state where practicing.
* Lifting 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighting up to 25 pounds.
* Travel within a local area as needed for patient treatment.
* Ability to work inside with exposure to some disagreeable conditions.
* Communicate effectively with patients/residents, therapy staff and facility personnel.
* Must be capable of executing all terms and conditions set forth in the Employee Handbook including but not limited to:
* Work in a safety conscious manner to ensure that others in the workplace are not at risk.
* Comply with local, state, and federal regulations in addition to company policies and procedures.
* Adhere to the Company policy of a drug free workplace.
* Interact in a tactful, diplomatic and humanistic manner with residents, families, visitors, and co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective caring environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each resident and center guest.
* Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to stands of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
PRN days and weekends