must have experience in cooking at a nursing facility/long term care facility, full time, 6a-2p, and 12p-8p must be able to work both shifts.
Prepares palatable, nourishing, well-balanced meals to meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs for each resident.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS :
* Be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* One-year experience as a cook in an institutional food services setting preferred.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language. Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively with supervisor and staff members.
* Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents. family members. visitors and the general public. Must be able to interpret and implement written or oral programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Dietary Department.
* Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure and weight using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
This list is subject to individual facility policies, procedures and practices, which may require additional duties and responsibilities.
* Prepares and serves food and alternates using standardized recipes for regular and therapeutic diets in proper quantities according to the planned menu,
production schedule, and resident choices.
* Prepares, stores, and disposes of food using proper food handling, labeling, and safety techniques according to established policies and procedures.
* Insures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner. Uses proper
tasting technique to insure quality taste and palatability prior to service.
* Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service.
Records food temperatures according to established policy.
* Insures that refrigerator/freezer units have an internal thermometer, are within appropriate ranges, and documents according to policy.
* Washes pots, pans, serving utensils, etc. according to established procedure for manual and/or automatic dishwashing.
* Assists in receiving, storage, and verifying invoices for incoming food and supplies, as indicated by the supervisor.
* Performs assigned cleaning assignments according to established policies and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals.
* Maintains food service equipment and work space in a clean and safe condition at all times according to facility policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
* Responsible for opening and/or closing kitchen.
* May be designated as Lead for Food Service Aides in absence of Dietary Manager.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT :
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May lift up to 50 lbs. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other bodily fluids, fumes, or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.