Coordinates and facilitates the timely and accurate completion of both the RAI and Care Management process from admission to discharge in accordance to company P and P, MPGs, State and Federal guidelines, and all other entities as appropriate. May coordinate information system operations and education for the clinical department.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS :
* RN preferred or may be LPN/L VN with approval from the facility Administrator and appropriate District/Regional staff.
* Must be in good standing with Board of Nursing.
* Knowledge of Medicare process preferred.
* Current State nurse license
* CEU’s as required by the State.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
This list is subject to individual facility policies, procedures and practices, which may require additional duties and responsibilities.
* Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess the needs of the
* Works with and receives direction from Regional Clinical Reimbursement
* Coordinates and manages daily care management meeting, which includes review of resident care and the setting of the Assessment Reference date.
* Enforces accurate and timely resident assessments according to State and Federal regulations.
* Designates responsibility for completing sections of the assessment to the
* Completes accurate coding of the MOS with information obtained via medical record review as well as observation and interview with facility staff, resident, and family members.
* Maintains the tracking system of MOS schedules (time frames and due dates).
* Maintains the frequent and accurate data entry of resident information into
appropriate computerized MOS programs.
* Coordinates care plan conferences with the interdisciplinary team, residents and
* Obtains, reviews and maintains all State and Federal reports, making appropriate corrections timely.
* Coordinates education related to the RAI/Care Management process for the facility.
* Coordinates the electronic submission of required documentation to the State
database and other entities per company policy and State and Federal regulations
* Completes required forms and documents in accordance with Company policy and State and/or Federal regulations.
* Attends Interdisciplinary Team meetings and other meetings in order to gather
information, communicate changes and maintain and update records.
* Contact RCRC for Medicare compliance.
* Continually updates knowledge base related to data entry and computer
* Participates in quality assurance activities.
* Completes electronic submission of required documentation to the State database and other entities per company policy.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT :
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects including with the movement of residents. May assist in lifting residents weighing between 100-250 lbs. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other bodily fluids, fumes, or airborne
particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or
other bodily fluids, fumes, or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In
compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.