must have nursing home/long term care facility experience. full time, 6a-2p and 12p-8p, must be able to work both shifts.
Assist in food preparation and serving; maintain clean and sanitary conditions in the kitchen and dining areas under the supervision of the Dietary Manager or Cook.
Essential Job Functions::
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
Food Preparation, Serving and Cleaning
* Assist in the preparation and serving of meals and snacks.
* Assist in checking trays for menu and diet preferences and accuracy.
* Set up trays and deliver meals to residents.
* Set up serving line with cold foods, condiments, serving containers, dishes, silverware, etc. according to the menus and as instructed.
* Work on central tray service line, placing appropriate food on general and modified diet trays, as directed.
* Deliver loaded food carts to corridor and return unloaded carts to dish washing unit.
* Collect soiled trays and utensils from dining room tables and transport them to dish washing area.
* Wash dishes, clean equipment, wipe off dining room and worktables, clean utensils, pots and pans; mop floors in dietary, etc., as assigned.
* Clean and maintain kitchen and food preparation equipment as assigned.
* Wash, sanitize, and store trays, dishes and utensils.
* Stock and store food items as assigned.
* Maintain a level of food and supplies adequate for the next meal and assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies.
* Report hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents, as necessary.
* Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
* Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
* Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.