Position Summary: :
Coordinate residence maintenance services, keep the residence and grounds in good repair. Inventory and order maintenance supplies, maintain a clean and safe environment for residents, prepare vacant rooms/apartments for new residents, and respond promptly to all repair needs.
Primary Responsibilities: :
Building and Grounds Maintenance :
* Ensure that residence and grounds are in good repair and provide a safe and attractive environment for residents.
* Carry out a preventative maintenance program.
* Inspect the residence and grounds regularly, identifying any areas in need of repair.
* Check daily for any requests for repairs.
* Respond promptly to all requests for repairs or maintenance concerns from residents, family members and staff.
* Assist with resident move-ins and move-outs.
* Assist with setup and cleanup for special events.
* Prepare resident rooms/apartments for new residents.
* Maintain grounds, coordinate lawn service, snow removal service, and other outdoor grounds service as needed.
* Assist with other duties as assigned.
Maintenance of Systems:
* Test the fire protection systems as required by code and schedule regular inspections.
* Test resident security systems on a regularly scheduled basis.
* Maintain the HVAC system, ensuring a comfortable temperature in the residence.
* Ensure an effective lighting system in the residence.
* Ensure that plumbing system is in compliance with code and working properly at all times.
* Minimum of one year general maintenance experience
* Possess an understanding of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems
* Desire to work with older adults
* Safety and fire codes
* OSHA, MSDS Sheets
* Understanding of systems and basic repairs