Purpose of this Position::
The purpose of this position is to assist licensed and certified nursing personnel in providing care and services to residents in long term care settings.
May not perform hands-on care of residents.:
Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions provided by the facility and effectively communicate with supervisors, staff and residents. Must complete facility training, i.e. work with certified nursing assistant for at least 3 days and complete special training classes as scheduled.
* Follow written and oral direction.
* Change bed linens and unoccupied beds.
* Maintain appropriate grooming supplies in residents’ rooms.
* Pass ice water to residents’ rooms.
* Assists in passing meal trays and tray set up, but does not feed the residents.
* Transports residents in wheelchairs to and from activities and dining areas, but does not assist residents into wheelchairs.
* Passes linens to residents’ rooms.
* Identify safety hazards and emergency situations, and report to immediate supervisor.
* Attend all in-service classes as assigned and complete assignments.
* Assume personal responsibility for following facility procedures related to control of equipment and supplies within the unit.
* Maintain confidentiality of residents and facility information.
* Consistently work cooperatively with residents, charge nurses, treatment nurses, restorative nurses, other nursing assistants, physicians, families, consultant personnel, and ancillary service providers.
* Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
* Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
* Assume accountability for data contained in the employee handbook.
* Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
* Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
* Follow Residents’ Rights policies at all times.
* High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
* Organized and detailed in work performance.
* Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
* Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
* Comply with the Resident’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
* Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
* Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.