For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America’s heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focused, encouraging employees to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.:
Why belong with our Americare team?:
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person-centered home environment for each resident - truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefits from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.:
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and a large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.:
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.:
Paid Time Off:
The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.:
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.:
We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to render or assign resident care according to the needs of the residents under the direction of the supervisor and or director of nursing. Maintain a home like, person centered care environment for all residents. Effectively supervise all staff responsible for resident care. As an interdisciplinary team member and supervising others to meet the physical, psychological, and social needs of the resident.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing
* Current nursing license
* Maintains current state registration and ongoing education
* Responsible for all nursing service and its administration and clinical supervision
* Responsible for the implementation of nursing objectives, standards of nursing care, nursing policy and procedure manual, and reviews and revises such as necessary and at least annually.
* Interprets all nursing policies and procedures to nursing personnel. Determines that nursing care standards and nursing policies and procedures are being followed according to written guidelines
* Supervises and gives clinical guidance to nurses and other nursing staff (PCA, C.N.A., CMT etc.) as necessary.
* Makes rounds to assess resident and staffing needs and visits residents each work day.
* Works under the direction of director of nursing to assure that all nursing personnel complete the required orientation and attend the necessary in-service training, and that appropriate documentation is maintained.
* Responsible for nursing assessment on monthly or as needed basis, documenting assessments, notifying physicians and families of change in condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing order. Responsible for supervising personal hygiene of residents.
* Responsible for seeing that all the necessary written documents such as Admission Nursing Assessments, Nursing Notes, Over-All-Care Plans and other required information is kept current in the resident record system. (Records are kept current following facility’s policies, ASI standards and/or State and Federal regulations.
* Responsible for assisting director of nursing in keeping facility standards up to state and federal and ASI requirements and assisting with any and all inspections. Team member in planning, evaluating and providing safe home like environment and quality of life for residents.
* Responsible for determining that the medication systems meets the needs of the resident, is an effective type administration system and is set up according to State regulations and pharmaceutical guidelines.
* Keeps administrator informed of significant changes in residents conditions, transfer of residents to the hospital, expirations or any pertinent information regarding the residents and or employees.
* Assists in determining the type of residents to be admitted to the facility using established nursing care criteria as a guideline. Makes decisions as to placement of residents and transfer to other rooms as necessary.
* Communicates with Administrator schedules and conducts nursing staff meetings and maintenance records of such.
* Assesses supply and equipment needs for nursing department and sees that adequate stocks are maintained.
* Determines that incident reports are made out as necessary or as indicated and reviews such on a routine basis.
* Available for call when needed by the staff members on duty in matters pertaining to nursing care.
* Performs any other duties as may be necessary as specified by the director of the facility.
Americare Senior Living is a drug-free workplace: