STATEMENT OF JOB:
The Utility/Food Service/Prep Aide shall assist the cook in the preparation and presentation of food. He or she will also be responsible for the dishwashing area and the cleanliness of all dishes, silverware, and glasses. In addition, he or she shall assist in other areas of the dining operation as needed during his or her shift.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Prepare food items as requested.
* Portion and plate salads and desserts.
* Assist with cleaning of kitchen and kitchen equipment.
* Set up and run the dishwashing operation, keeping the dishwasher clean and free of debris. Clean pots and pans as needed.
* Check temperatures and maintain sanitation equipment. Maintain all necessary temperature and cleaning logs.
* Take out all garbage when necessary.
* Clean the kitchen area, including floors, as needed.
* Assist with Dining Room service when needed, e.g., pouring beverages.
* Replace paper towels and clean hand sink.
* Stock food on shelves and in refrigerator.
* Report to supervisor any problems in the kitchen or dining room.
* Attend in-service training and staff meetings as scheduled.