STATEMENT OF JOB:
The LPN/LVN will store, set up, administer and maintain records for all medicines dispensed to residents in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the community under the direct supervision of the Resident Care Director. The Nurse-Med Tech will promote hospitality and deliver a high level of customer service at all times.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist residents with self-administration of medications according to company protocol and state regulations, including assistance with accuchecks and insulin for diabetic residents.
* Maintain records (MARs/MORs) for each resident with regard to medicines ordered, received, and administered according to company protocol.
* Receive an~ store all medications. Verify type and quantity of medicines ordered and received.
* Receive physicians’ orders and implement. For example, fax new prescriptions to
pharmacy, document new orders in MAR/MOR and notify other Med Techs and Resident Care Director of any new orders.
* Review MARs/MORs from previous shift to ensure that all information is complete and accurate.
* Measure and record vital signs when requested to do so.
* Communicate any resident change of condition to Resident Care Director or to family and physician if necessary in the absence of the RCD.
* Record relevant information in the Communication Log at the end of each shift.
* Record necessary information in resident chart related to change of condition or health updates when requested.
* Complete incident report when requested.
* Assist with resident care as available.
* Provide care assignments to Resident Assistants.
* Lead shift report between outgoing shift and incoming shift in the absence of the Resident Care Director.
* Provide oversight and coordination during emergency situations in the absence of the RCD. .
* Provide oversight for the emergency response system in the absence of the RCD.
* Address any conflicts that arise from staff, residents or families in the absence of the RCD.
* Promote a team concept with Care Staff in all areas of the community.
* Use the Positive Physical Approach at all timesRevised I 012007
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Working knowledge of basic resident care procedures used to provide physical and social care to residents.
* Working knowledge of safe work practices and procedures to include fire safety, first aid, universal precautions, appropriate body mechanics, etc.
* Working knowledge of Resident Rights and state regulations.
* Ability to follow written or oral instructions and communicate effectively with residents and staff
* Ability to carry out responsibilities according to company or state guidelines and with limited or no supervision.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and the ability to safely lift or transfer a resident.
* Ability to function as a member of a team.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding customer service skills
* Ability to attend required in-service training and staff meetings and maintain required certifications according to state regulations.
* Ability to stay beyond scheduled shift in the event of emergency or inclement weather.
* Ability to provide a working contact telephone number at all times
Training and Experience:
* LPN (LVN)
* Six to twelve months experience in related field is preferred.
PRN and Part Time - All SHIFTS WEEKENDS::