STATEMENT OF JOB::
The Med Tech/Shift Supervisor will store, set up, administer and maintain records for all medicines dispensed to residents in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the community under the direct supervision of the Resident Care Director. In the absence of the Resident Care Director, the Med Tech/Shift Supervisor assumes supervisory responsibility for the Resident Care staff and department. The Med Tech/Shift Supervisor will promote hospitality and deliver a high level of customer service at all times following the Arbor Service Way.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
* Medication Management
* Assist residents with self-administration of medications according to company policies and procedures and state regulations.
* Perform Blood Glucose Monitoring tests, record results on Blood Glucose Log and follow orders for insulin as directed, in accordance with state regulatory criteria.
* Complete a count of controlled substances with oncoming shift. Document accurate count or promptly report discrepancy in drug count to the Resident Care Director.
* Assist with maintaining a neat and orderly Wellness Center, including managing resident health records, supplies and files.
* Maintain security protocols for securing medications and supplies. Carry keys at all times when on duty.
* Resident Care
* Assist with resident care delivery and duties as needed. Serve as a role model for Resident Assistants using appropriate techniques.
* Use Positive Physical Approach and ensure that resident care staff use Positive Physical ** Approach in interactions with residents, families and each other.
* Provide simple first aid to residents as needed.
* Observe residents for any mental or physical changes in condition and take appropriate action including notifying the Resident Care Director, family and physician.
* Assist with the identification of all at-risk residents (falls, elopement, skin impairment) and provide necessary, timely interventions under the direction of the Resident Care Director.
* Maintain Resident’s Rights while providing care.
* Follow Standard Precautions policy using proper protective equipment and handwashing as needed.
* Supervisory Responsibilities
* Promote a team concept with care staff in all areas of the community
* Provide Pocket Worksheet assignments to Resident Assistants at the start of each shift Adjust assignments as needed based on residents needs and number of care staff on duty
* Ensure that all work assignments are completed according to schedule and that job duties are carried out in a safe and effective manner, including attendance in Dining Room.
* Ensure all Resident Care staff carry pagers and respond to resident calls for assistance in a timely manner. Assist with answering calls as necessary.
* Document and report all job-related injuries to the Resident Care Director immediately.
* Assist supervisor by providing input in performance appraisals of Resident Assistants.
* Assist in the orientation and training of staff including training on new policies and procedures as directed by the Resident Care Director.
* Document staff absences and tardiness and communicate those to Resident Care Director.
* Provide leadership and oversee communication in the absence of the Resident Care Director or when directed by the Resident Care Director:
This position is Part-time (every other weekend) and some days during the week. Must be Certified Medication Aide with the state of Georgia.