Under supervision, provides basic nursing assistance and assists residents with daily living activities.
* Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Licenses/Certification: Valid certification as a CNA in the state of employment.
* Experience: Six months experience in a long term care environment preferred.
* Answers signal lights and bells to determine resident needs.
* Assists residents with grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, hair, and incontinence care.
* Obtains food trays and assists residents with feeding.
* Assists residents with range of motion exercises, and movement to wheelchair or activity areas.
* Assists resident with turning and positioning in bed.
* Assists resident with ambulation for short distance in facility.
* Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
* Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Documentation on flow sheets as directed.
* Attends interdisciplinary meetings as needed to provide input into selected resident’s plans of care.
* Documents restorative services provided following facility policies and procedures.
* Reports to Charge Nurse or designee on progress/lack of progess in achieving restorative goals.
* Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and facility staff.