Ensures the delivery of high quality nursing care, in compliance with current Federal, State, and local standards, to residents by supervising the nursing personnel and performing the following essential functions.
* Performs job functions in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of The Loomis Communities. Adheres to The Loomis Communities Compliance and Ethics Program.
* Demonstrates an awareness of, a respect for and attention to the diversity of the people with whom they interact (persons served, personnel, families/caregivers, and other stakeholders) that is reflected in attitudes, behavior and services.
* Continually provide person-centered care while directing day-to-day functions of the nursing activities and ensuring quality and compliance of nursing policies and procedures while complying with all safety regulations and infection control. Participates in patient treatment regimen, including administering medications (under the supervision of a physician and registered nurse). Establishes and documents patient treatment regimen under supervision of RN or MD and implements treatment.
* Be able to read, analyze and interpret lab reports and medical records while continually assessing resident conditions and reporting changes and collaborating with the physician
* Assist residents and families with integrity to understand the aging process and how it affects their health and lifestyles while assisting residents in finding ways of adjusting to aging changes while maintaining as independence a lifestyle as circumstances permit with dignity.
* Demonstrates consistency of maintaining adequate equipment and supplies at all times to ensure efficiency along with the ability to demonstrate proper administration and use of the equipment and supplies to provide safe quality care
* Ensure that confidentiality is maintained and resident rights are respected at all times
* Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing of Associates or Bachelors
* Graduation from an Bachelors or Associates accredited school of professional nursing
* Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing
* 1-2 years of LTC experience.
* Registered Nurse
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to read, write, and speak English.
* Ability to relate well to all residents, including the emotionally upset.
* Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the public.
* Ability to report to work regularly and promptly.
* Ability to work beyond normal hours when necessary.