As a care partner, the resident assistant is responsible for assisting the resident with the activities of daily living. Provides home services and assistance with ADL’s to support residents ability to live safely with dignity, independence and choice in a supportive person centered manner. Provides a home-like environment that encourages the optimum level of physical, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual activity. The Resident Assistant works independently, using sound judgment in the provision of personal and medical care. Must maintain a caring attitude towards residents at all times and be capable of good judgment in all situations. This position will support Assisted Living as well as Home Care and Independent Living.
* Performs job functions in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the Loomis Communities. Adheres to The Loomis Communities Compliance and Ethics Program.
* Demonstrates an awareness of, a respect for and attention to the diversity of the people with whom they interact (persons served, personnel, families/caregivers, and other stakeholders) that is reflected in attitudes, behavior and services.
* Interacts with residents by providing direct and supportive services for residents to promote independence and choice.
* Encourages residents to meet their individual needs, to attend programs of their choice/interest and provides assistance to facilitate residents’’ participation as needed.
* Attends to the wellbeing of residents and includes residents in decision making regarding their care in accordance with a personalized plan of care/service plan.
* Maintains and completes required documentation.
* Provides clear, timely communication related to changes in health, emotion and behaviors to direct supervisor.
* Meets educational, training and competency requirements on time including SAMMS.
* Responds to emergency situations and provides basic first aid care when needed within the limits of training and the policies of the Loomis Communities.
* High School Graduate
* Certified Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
* Massachusetts Drivers License, CNA certificate, CPR Certified
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to respond calmly and effectively to emergencies
* Ability to read, write, and speak English.
* Ability to relate well to all residents, including the emotionally upset.
* Ability to deal effectively with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the public.
* Ability to report to work regularly and promptly.
* Ability to work beyond normal hours when necessary.
* Ability to find coverage for personnel call outs when needed.