Assist to provide for the day-to-day cares of the residents/tenants in accordance with established company policies and procedures, standards, job descriptions, and guidelines; and current Federal, State, and local laws and regulations governing the campus and as directed by the supervisor by performing the following duties.
Education and/or Experience:
* Valid and current CPR and first aid certification or able to obtain a certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a minimum of 16 years of age and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Please note: This in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of certain duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate).:
* Possess, maintain, and use a practical knowledge base regarding issues and regulations affecting the campus and the Nursing department as well as the individual residents/tenants.
* Assist in providing assistance and care to residents/tenants as designated. Complete cares thoroughly and in a timely manner. Follow specific instructions given in shift report, work assignments, work schedules, and/or as directed the supervisor and ask for clarification regarding procedures as needed. This assistance may be to varying degrees and with or without assistive devices including, but not limited to:
* Answer and assist resident/tenant requests for assistance. Reminding/assisting resident/tenant to keep call lights/arial pendant within reach.
* Obtaining specimens
* Indwelling catheter care and/or colostomy care
* Personal hygiene (i.g. oral cares, nail and hair care, shaving, etc.)
* Dressing/undressing including special slings, stockings, or other adaptive supplies
* Eye and ear care such as cleaning of glasses/hearing aides
* Assist resident/tenant off floor, up to table, and/or up from chair
* Range of motion and/or restorative care
* Post-mortem care
* Reality orientation and/or validation as needed
* Assist with delivery of room trays and nutritional supplement passes
* Assist with medication box set-up as able within scope of practice
* Assist with laundry services PRN such as personal laundry pick-up, reminders/cues to change clothes, and commercial laundry PRN
* Provide first aid care within scope of certification
* Ensure resident/tenant rooms and living and working areas are clean, neat, and meeting the needs of the resident/tenant including, but not limited to:
* Make beds and change bed and linens and ensure residents/tenants have adequate linens.
* Other duties as assigned.