This job posting is for ALL SHIFTS full-time and part-time positions. We offer 8 and 12 hour shifts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Current nursing assistant certification
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Previous experience in the clinical specialty and/or training preferred
* Ability to read, write, add, subtract, multiply, and divide
* Available to work holidays and weekends as schedule requires
* Good physical health condition and pass a physical examination
* Possess good people skills with the ability to work directly with residents, family, and staff
* Ability to verbalize and present necessary information and ideas to other staff
* Knowledge of nursing facility rules and regulations
* Some clerical knowledge necessary to work with charts
* Enjoys performing services that benefit and help people
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
* Responsible for various resident care activities including bathing, dressing, toileting, bed-making, nail care, hair care, skin care, oral care, weights, and vital signs.
* Answer call lights to determine residents needs.
* Serve and collect food trays, feed residents requiring help, and provide between meal nourishment, ice, and fresh drinking water.
* Transport residents using wheelchairs, geri-chairs, lifts, and other assistive devices.
* Assist other staff in resident transfers.
* Appropriately complete required documentation including AARs, I and Os, supplemental nourishment, and others determined by supervisor.
* Ensure that residents rights are honored including but not limited to personal choices, privacy, and confidentiality.
* Provide for resident safety through proper application and observation of physical restraints and posture supportive devices.
* Report all changes in conditions and behaviors of residents to the Director of Nursing or the RN in charge.
* Promptly report all incidents involving residents, staff, families, and visitors to the Director of Nursing or the RN in charge.
* Attend in-service education classes as required and obtain required number of hours per year.
* Maintain infection control standards by use of universal precautions.
* Follow facility policies and procedures.
* The Associate is authorized to have limited access to resident health information as needed to provide treatment, for billing purposes, or for the purpose of healthcare operations.