We have 3 positions open. 1 Full Time 3-11 and 2 Part Time Split shift 5a-9a, 5p-9p every other weekend.:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
* Current LPN licensure by State Board of Nursing
* Available to work holidays and weekends as schedule requires
* Good physical health condition and pass a physical examination
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
* Renders nursing care to patients in support of medical care directed by an RN/Charge Nurse and by Medical Staff.
* Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient.
* Provides treatment and medications, orally, topically, rectally, and by injections per policy.
* Provides treatment using, equipment.
* Observes patients’ reactions to medications and treatments.
* Provide treatments in wound care by changing dressings and cleaning wounds or incisions.
* Takes temperature, pulse, respiration rate, blood pressure, and heartbeat to detect deviations from normal.
* Gauges progress of patient following physician’s orders and approved nursing care plan.
* Observes, records, and reports to DON, Charge Nurse, or RN patients’ condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
* Maintains patients’ medical records on nursing observations and actions taken such as medications and treatments given, reactions, tests, intake and emission of liquids and solids, temperature, pulse and respiration rate.
* Records nursing needs of patients on nursing care plan to assure continuity of care.
* Observes emotional stability of patients, expresses interest in their progress, and prepares them for continuing care after discharge.
* May be asked to rotate among various clinical and nursing services as needed.
* May serve as Charge Nurse for a group of nursing personnel.
* Assist in planning, supervising, and instructing CNA’S, Ward Clerks, and Students
* Assist nonprofessional and professional nursing care personnel in rendering nursing care.
* Perform duties of a CNA when needed or determined by department supervisor.
* Perform duties of medication nurse.
* Attend in-service education classes as required and obtain required number of hours per year.
* Maintain infection control standards by use of universal precautions.
* Follow facility policies and procedures.
* The associate is authorized to have unlimited access to resident health information as needed to provide treatment, for billing purposes, or for the purpose of healthcare operations.