This position requires an individual who is dependable, self-sufficient and can easily multi-task. Qualified candidate will be responsible for the timely, accurate billing of Medicaid, Hospice and Private Pay while managing payments and collections on accounts to achieve AR goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs duties and responsibilities with assigned functional area within a nursing home facility which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
* Posting daily payments.
* Medicaid and Medicaid HMO Verifications.
* Medicaid HMO Billing.
* Monthly Hospice billing.
* Follow-up on and assist with IL Medicaid applications, including entering admissions into the State’s Medicaid system.
* Private pay billing and collections.
* Phone contact with residents and family members regarding out of pocket expenses.
* Tracking of applicable paperwork due from facilities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
* Working knowledge of IL Medicaid and the REV System.
* Prior SNF background
* Understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
* Strong communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Works at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
* Works in a traditional climate controlled office environment.
* Works in a fast pace environment.
* Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and diverse employee population.
* Be able to occasionally lift up to ten (10) pounds.