This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties, working conditions, physical requirements, and level of difficulty required of positions at this salary level; it is not intended to limit the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of an employee under his/her supervision. Where appropriate, directly related experience/ education beyond the minimum stated below may be substituted at the discretion of the corporation. :
POSITION SUMMARY :
The housekeeper performs a variety of work functions generally associated with the cleaning of the building, fixtures, and related equipment.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES :
* Supports the mission; resident life, health, and wellness philosophy; and the code of professional ethics of BHI Retirement Communities, Inc.
* Understands and abides by the BHI Retirement Communities, Inc., personnel policies and other policies and procedures which apply to his/her department.
* Attends work as scheduled, maintains acceptable personal appearance/hygiene, follows the designated dress code policy, and keeps work area in neat, clean, and orderly condition.
* Understands and complies with job performance requirements.
* Demonstrates good judgment in the performance of job duties.
* Supports customer service efforts and initiatives while exhibiting quality customer service behaviors.
* Demonstrates kindness, tact, and courtesy toward all residents, family members, colleagues, outside vendors, and other visitors to the BHI Retirement’s corporate office and/or facilities.
* Treats all matters concerning the corporation, facilities, staff, and residents with strict confidentiality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Cleans resident rooms and apartments, bathing areas, lounges, offices, hallways, dining area, recreational areas, public bathrooms, and other rooms as assigned and in compliance with established written procedures.
* Cleans and mops tile floors, vacuums, spot cleans carpeted areas, and empties trash.
* Dusts and/or washes furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
* Washes windows and sills.
* Cleans public telephone and drinking fountains.
* Cleans and sanitizes lavatories and toilet bowls inside and out.
* Performs written cleaning procedures and follows written cleaning schedules for common areas, resident apartments, and health center rooms.
* Keeps all equipment and storage areas clean and orderly.
* Transports linens and other equipment.
* Follows all written infection control procedures established by the facility.
* Handles problems with difficult or disturbed residents, family or sponsor/surrogate.
* In performance of assigned job duties, interacts with residents in a cheerful/positive manner and shall be respectful of resident’s personal belongings.
* Teamwork and participation: maintains an effective relationship with all departments and professional staff; and participates on facility committees as assigned.
* Reporting and response:
* Reports verbally or in writing unusual resident behavior to supervisory personnel or a representative of the nursing department.
* Reports verbally or in writing concerns expressed by family members, visitors, or other persons visiting the facility to supervisory personnel or a representative of the nursing department.
* Reports all equipment malfunctions/breakdowns and all other maintenance needs throughout the facility to the executive housekeeper and requests a written maintenance work order.
* Reports, verbally and or in writing, and records all known safety hazards to supervisory personnel.
* Communicates, either verbally or in writing, any problems or concerns to his/her supervisor.
* Responds to emergency situations effectively and efficiently and, in case of an emergency, provides direct assistance to residents in evacuating building.
* Training requirements:
* Attends required in-service meetings and departmental staff meetings and completes any written, verbal, or visual requirements.
* Receives knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform all emergency procedures including fire and safety, tornado, and disaster evacuation and participates in all subsequent emergency preparedness training exercises.
* Maintains knowledge and training in exposure control plan and universal precautions.
* Completes annual in-services according to schedule.
* Performs all other duties as requested by the director of environmental services and/or executive director.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATION – JOB RELATED SKILLS :
At minimum, must be able to acquire sufficient knowledge and learn new skills through on-the-job training and instructions to satisfactorily meet job performance requirements at the end of the introductory period.