Cadia Rehabilitation - Capitol, located in Dover, Delaware, Kent County, conveniently located off Route 1 in Dover Delaware!:
Capitol is a 120 bed skilled nursing center, with a dedicated Dementia Unit! :
Full time employees eligible for Medical/Dental/Vision:
Part time Physical Therapy Assistant, must be flexible to be able to work weekends if needed
Position Description: :
p, The ideal candidate will, under supervision of the Physical Therapist and the general supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation, administer treatments and physical interventions for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, and promote mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities::
* Complete all essential documentation and forms related to the treatment services provided to a patient, including but not limited to, billing, physician orders, interdisciplinary screenings, ROM, care plan, etc.
* Assist in the test and measure of patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and record findings.
* Assess effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit, in collaboration with supervising PT
* Administer objective assessments (Tinetti, Get Up and Go, Barthel, etc.) at various stages (weekly, upon discharge) for regulatory and documentation compliance.
* Use a range of techniques, exercises, activities to strengthen muscles, improve balance, coordination, transfers, mobility and gait.
* Provide dynamic, creative, and challenging treatments to patients to facilitate progress/improvement for a discharge disposition that is at, or exceeds, prior level of function.
* Provide physical agent modalities, as allowable by Federal, State, and Professional Regulations, to address areas of pain, edema, range of motion, wounds, etc.
* Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to perform various physical activities such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes and prostheses.
* Educate patients, their families on their disorder/disease to lead a healthy lifestyle and to prevent injury and disability.
* Monitor the physical condition of patients.
* Collaborate with PT on a weekly basis, at a minimum, in the delivery of the plan of care established by the PT
* Demonstrate competence in computer skills for efficient point of service documentation and billing. Report any computer/technical programs to IT by submitting a Help Desk Ticket.
* Maintain the standards of accurate and efficient documentation of patient records as required by law, administrative/facility regulations, and contract rehab provider
* Participate in Utilization Review Meetings
* Participate in patient/resident Care Plan meetings
* Participate in home assessments, if necessary
* Participate in/contribute to Program development within your rehab program
* Meets average productivity % as determined by Rehab Director Report any barriers immediately to your Director of Rehab
* May be required to work holidays and/or weekends to comply with Medicare, regulatory, or operational changes.
* May be required to assist with treatments at neighboring facilities based on census.
Education and/or Experience::
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: :
* Has at least an earned certificate or associate degree as a physical therapist assistant.
* Has proven experience as a physical therapist assistant with exposure to patients of varying age groups in different health care settings.
* Can participate as a Team member, and be willing to assist co-workers and collaborate with other disciplines.
* provide expected customer service to co-workers, patients, families/caregivers
* Will obtain and maintain continuing education requirements in accordance with state guidelines.
* Can implement infection control practices and procedures as determined by a Cadia Healthcare clinical competency profile and/or competency exam.
* Can read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations as well as write reports, business correspondence, and assist with the creation of procedure manuals.
* Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and groups, including managers, clients, customers and the general public.
* Can utilize mathematical concepts as they apply to the role of a physical therapist assistant.
* Can define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, as well as understand technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
* Can effectively use Rehab Optima, Microsoft Word software and the Internet.
* Can work with individuals from varying ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Certification and Licensure: :
The candidate has current certification and/or licensure or is eligible for certification and/or licensure for the state where employment will occur.