Addiction Recovery Systems (ARS) is an organization specializing in the treatment of drug and alcohol dependence through the combination of outpatient treatment, group and individual counseling and, when appropriate, medication assisted treatment. ARS was founded in 2004 and currently operates eight outpatient addiction treatment facilities throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Our team believes that persons with addictive diseases should be treated with dignity and respect in a professional environment. ARS provides a multidisciplinary person-centered culture and tailors recovery plans for each individual based on his/her personalized healthcare needs
ARS Winchester, located in Winchester, Virginia, has an excellent opportunity to join our team!
CSAC Starting Salary: $50,000!
$1000 signing bonus!:
ARS Winchester Clinic is an outpatient substance abuse treatment facility specializing in treatment of those addicted to opiates. Consisting of a team of highly dedicated medical, counseling, and administrative professionals, ARS is working at the front line to combat the opiate epidemic in Winchester and surrounding communities by supporting opiate-addicted individuals in their recovery journey. Emphasizing individual and group counseling as well as standard-setting medical care, staff at ARS approach patient care within a harm reduction framework to help patients begin and then maintain positive change for themselves, their families, friends, and the community at large. We pride ourselves on our core treatment values of respect, empowerment, professionalism, and excellence, and the multi-disciplinary treatment team operates in an educational and collaborative manner to actualize treatment quality for all.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work individually with patients utilizing a variety of therapeutic models and interventions emphasizing person-centered treatment and harm reduction to help patients achieve positive outcomes and progress in recovery
* Maintain an active caseload and complete all required initial, monthly, quarterly, and annual documentation for all assigned patients in a timely manner and according to best practice standards
* Utilize individual treatment plans as primary intervention strategies for helping patients achieve their treatment goals, with updates as needed and according to regulatory standards
* Work in a collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere to provide excellence in care for all patients at ARS
* Coordinate care with external agencies as necessary to ensure continuity of care external to ARS
* Complete monthly individual and group supervision to ensure professional growth and excellent patient care
Overview of Benefits:
* Early morning hours allow staff to focus on hobbies, family and friends, or further educational and professional pursuits in the afternoon and evenings
* Free Continuing Education Units
* Tuition Reimbursement for qualifying current students
* Competitive Benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401k, and Aflac
* Networking and Community Engagement Opportunities to help advocate for Medication Assisted Treatment and harm reduction in the scope of addiction treatment and intervention
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in a human services field (Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, etc.) with at least 1 year of experience in direct care counseling
· One or more of the following:
o Active Substance Abuse Counselor Certification (CSAC – Preferred) from the Virginia Board of Counseling
o Active Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification (AADC) from the Virginia Certification Board and/or ICRC
o Active National Certified Addiction Counselor Level II (NCAC II) accreditation from the NCCAP/NAADAC
· Ability to work comfortably with a primary Electronic Medical Record
· Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to communicate comfortably and professionally with consumers, teammates, and other professionals
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to pass required State and Federal criminal and Child Protective Services background checks
* Weekday Hours: Monday thru Friday 5:00am to 1:30pm