Responsible for providing superior service to guests, in accordance with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: :
* Identify the needs of each guest and provide relevant information regarding hotel policies, services and amenities.
* Responsible for registering all guests, obtaining pertinent information, and ensuring proper credit is established.
* Respond to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area.
* Sell rooms to “walk-in” customers.
* Routinely enter or change reservation information on the computer system.
* Post charges and payments to guest accounts, as needed.
* Make necessary corrections to guest accounts.
* Communicate with the housekeeping department about room status/availability.
* Deliver requested items to guests, as needed, including incoming faxes, mail etc.
* Listen and respond promptly to guest inquiries and/or complaints in an appropriate manner.
* Operate hotel switchboard.
* Clean and maintain the front desk area/front lobby.
* Maintain daily logs (including communication).
* Each shift, balance cash drawers, credit card receipts, direct bills and all other incoming payments.
* Assist with facility deposits as needed.
* Issue safety deposit boxes, when requested.
* Reconcile the Housekeeping report with the bucket (registration cards) to monitor room occupancy.
* Pre-block rooms for incoming guests, especially those with special requests or VIP considerations, while following appropriate brand frequent stay programs.
* Maintain a current room status report.
* Perform additional assignments as required.
Job Requirements: :
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Hospitality and/or customer service experience is preferred.
* Must be able to develop an understanding of concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company in relation to guest service.
* Must be able to communicate effectively, be polite, courteous, and responsive to our guests.
* Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Must be organized and detail oriented.
* A valid driver’s license is required.
* Typing and computer skills are required.