To perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
A. High school education or equivalent preferred.
B. Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age.
C. Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
D. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
E. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
F. Must possess ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
G. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics enabling these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Follow established departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress code.
* Meet the Housekeeping Personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
* Follow and complete cleaning schedules daily as assigned.
* Maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
* Participate in In-service Education Programs.
* Assist in implementing and maintaining an effective orientation program that orients the new employee to the facility, his/her department, and its policies and procedures.
* Recommend to the Housekeeping Supervisor the equipment and supply needs of the department.
Perform other related duties as assigned.