Provides residents with daily nursing care in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies and as may be directed by the Charge Nurse, Supervisor, Assistant Director of Nursing, Director of Nursing or Administrator to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
* Successful completion of a nursing arts course in an accredited nurse training program as evidenced by a diploma, certificate or other written verification from the school and successful completion of the Department approved nursing assistant competency evaluation or successful completion of a United States military training program that includes the content of the Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program
* Be at least 16 years of age, of temperate habits and good moral character, honest, reliable, and trustworthy. * Provide evidence of employment or occupation, if any, and residence for two years prior to initial employment as a nursing assistant.
* Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
* Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within two weeks of employment.
* Demonstrates interest and/or knowledge in caring for the ill, disabled, and elderly. Must be able to deal tactfully with customers, family members, visitors, personnel etc.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must be personable, enthusiastic, and personable.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
* Ensure that all nursing procedures and protocols are followed in accordance with established policies, including dress code.
* Provides assistance with activities of daily living to a specific number of residents and/or as directed by the staff nurse.
* Assists in developing a written plan of care for each customer that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
* Attends and actively participates in resident care plan conference, and Resident Council and/or Family Council when invited.
* Reports all concerns, complaints made by the customer or their family to the Administrator.
Perform other related duties as assigned.