Cadia Rehabilitation-Renaissance, located in Millsboro Delaware, Sussex County, MINUTES from area LEWES AND REHOBOTH BEACH DE. :
Full time Employees are eligible for :
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation after 90 days
Generous 401K Benefit! :
RN Pay rate based on experience! :
Full time 7a to 7p and 7p and 7p-7a (FULL TIME 7p-7a House supervisor)
3 12 hour shifts per week! Every other weekend! :
Part time also available!
Purpose of Your Job Position Registered NURSE , RN :
The primary purpose of your RN, Registered Nurse position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Delegation of Authority as Registered NURSE, RN :
As staff nurse, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Job Functions as a Registered NURSE ,RN:
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Essential Job Functions Registered Nurse, RN :
* Direct the day to day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
* Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel in planning the shift services, programs, and activities
* Assist in completing C.N.A. assignment
* Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions
* Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as may be requested.
* Make rounds on assigned residents
* Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies as required
* Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required
* Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
* Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
* Assist LPNs with assessment and evaluation of care, as appropriate
Charting and Documentation as Registered Nurse , RN:
1.Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the Physician’s Order Form
2. Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, treatment/care plans as required
3. Chart nurses notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
4. Report all discrepancies noted concerning physician’s orders, diet change, charting error, etc., to the Nurse Supervisor
5. Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures
Nursing Care Functions as Registered Nurse, RN:
* Inform nursing personnel of new admissions, their expected time of arrival, room assignment, etc.
* Ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions
* Greet newly admitted residents upon admission, Escort them to their rooms as necessary
* Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility
* Make rounds with physicians as necessary
* Ensure that direct nursing care be provided by a licenses nurse, a certified nursing assistant, and/or a nurse aide trainee qualified to perform the procedure
* Notify the resident’s attending physician when the resident is involved in an accident or incident
* Notify resident’s attending physician and next of kin when there is a change in the resident’s condition
Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree, RN, From an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN program
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care
* Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel
* Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care
* Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents
* Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.